Chances of a RRV after nearly 12 years!??

Scotty2h

Hi

I held PR in 2007. I stayed for 2 years and left in 2009 and haven't returned since. I was on a skilled working visa class BN136.

I was single then, and am now married with 2 children aged 7 and 9.

I am aged 46 electrician.

My wife is 44 primary teacher.

MY close ties are my brother is an australian citizen. I have maintained my aus bank account since leaving (paying $4/month), I have a commsec shares account that has a few thousand dollars in and my superann is still in aus (about 12k).

I cant give an account for 12 years of not returning, except for having kids and family members with illnesses.

Questions

1. what are the chances of getting approved for a RRV?

2. If there is a chance, should I apply as a family

I think thats everything, I know chances are slim

Thanks in advance

22 hours ago, paulhand said:

1. Hard to say without seeing all the details, but it’s not impossible 

2. If your family have never been permanent residents, you need to get your RRV and then do a partner visa for them. 

Hi is it possible to have a chat about this?

thanks

On 18/01/2021 at 21:36, Scotty2h said:

I held PR in 2007. I stayed for 2 years and left in 2009 and haven't returned since. I was on a skilled working visa class BN136.

I was single then, and am now married with 2 children aged 7 and 9.

....mY close ties are my brother is an australian citizen. I have maintained my aus bank account since leaving (paying $4/month), I have a commsec shares account that has a few thousand dollars in and my superann is still in aus (about 12k).

On paper, no chance.  However with a good migration agent (like Paul) you could be lucky, so it's worth trying.  

The snag is that only you can get the RRV.  Once you've got it in your hand, you can apply for a partner visa for your wife and kids.

Be prepared to be patient.  Because your case isn't straightforward, it will take months for them to decide on the RRV, then another year or so to get the partner visa.  

Edited by Marisawright