How long did it take for your AASW assessment to be approved?

HamnettV

First time poster 👋

I am a qualified social worker, and I am about to send documents to AASW (just waiting for a new passport- wouldn’t have been a delay if Royal Mail hadn’t lost my old one 👀). What is the average waiting time for AASW to approve?

Thank you

Victoria 🙂

Hey! 

It wasn’t too bad in getting all the documents together. The IQA form is really self explanatory, and does give a list of documents you need to send off to be assessed. I am still waiting for my new passport to be approved, so I can send a certified copy. It was also probably helpful that I am still in contact with my academic tutor who was able to verify my university documents. 

Hi!

According to the AASW website, approximate processing times are :

• Mutual Recognition Agreements with New Zealand – three weeks
  • Migration applications for new graduates who have completed study at an accredited AASW social work course – three to four weeks
  • Temporary Graduate Visa (TGV) application – three to four weeks
  • International Qualifications Assessments (IQA) and/or Skilled Employment (SE) applications – 20-28 weeks
  • Skilled Employment (SE) applications – three-four weeks
  • Renewal of previous migration assessments – two weeks
  • Duplication of previous assessments for and/or eligibility for AASW membership for employment purposes – two weeks

Sent my application on the 19th of January, but have not received any update until now.