Applying Australian Citizenship while overseas

Rams

Hello,

I am a new member and this is my first post. I am hoping to get a valuable comment regarding the following situation.

Currently, I am a permanent resident of Australia. I have been living in Australia for few years already. To cut the long story short, based on the current rules/regulations for applying Australian Citizenship, I would be eligible to  lodge a citizenship application in the month of August this year (2021). However, due to some personal reasons, I must travel overseas for 2 months in July 2021.

My question is if by chance, due to pandemic, I am unable to come back to Australia within 3 months (say return flights are limited), is it possible for me to lodge the citizenship application while overseas in the month of August 2021(i.e. Although I would be overseas, I would be complying the 4 years rule for citizenship application with no overseas stay of more than 3 months each year)?

(The main concern is if I am not allowed to lodge the application while overseas, it would be risky if I cannot come back within 3 months as it would make me ineligible to lodge citizenship application afterwards)

Appreciate any comments you may have on above situation?

Regards,

Rams