Bridging visa confusion

jbeeaar

Hey there! I’m trying to help my friend with her visa situation and I have a quick question.. she has been waiting for her second working holiday visa and has been on bridging visa A since January last year.. does the time of your new visa start from the date it was applied for or from when it gets approved? Because she’s still on a bridging visa because of COVID, does she have to leave 12 months after the application was submitted & not have it approved yet? Or can she wait until it gets approved and stay on the bridging visa and then she has a full 12 months on the second working holiday visa? Please and Thankyou!!

3 hours ago, paulhand said:

If she is in Australia, and held her first WHV when she applied, as I assume is the case, the second WHV will run for 12 months from the date that the first one expired, so she gets 2 years in total. Otherwise 12 months from grant. 

Thankyou for your response.. But what happens if she’s been on a bridging visa for so long and the visa hasn’t been granted? 

Edited by jbeeaar

On 17/01/2021 at 20:39, jbeeaar said:

Hey there! I’m trying to help my friend with her visa situation and I have a quick question.

On 18/01/2021 at 07:36, jbeeaar said:

But what happens if she’s been on a bridging visa for so long and the visa hasn’t been granted? 

If you really want to help your friend you should encourage them to seek professional advice and have their specific situation assessed by a professional.

Trying to obtain answers to a complex situation on a public forum, based on minimal, second hand information, is a recipe for disaster.