482 - My Company Is Changing It’s Name

jameserob

I’m on a 482 short term visa. It’s a 2 year visa and my employer can renew it for another 2. I’m a year into the visa so in a years time they will be renewing it (they’ve already said they will). However, in about 8 months time the company is changing its name. Two of the manager’s who work there have bought the company and are going to change the name. Do I need to do anything regarding this? Is it going to affect the length of my visa at all? I’m a bit worried. 

Hello,

Sorry I'm unable to answer your question but I was just wondering if your visa was one you decided to go for and looked for a temp job over there or if your current workplace in the UK offered you a position. I would love to find a company in UK which also offered temp job transfer to Australia! 

Thank you!

19 hours ago, jameserob said:

I’m on a 482 short term visa. It’s a 2 year visa and my employer can renew it for another 2. I’m a year into the visa so in a years time they will be renewing it (they’ve already said they will). However, in about 8 months time the company is changing its name. Two of the manager’s who work there have bought the company and are going to change the name. Do I need to do anything regarding this? Is it going to affect the length of my visa at all? I’m a bit worried. 

If they are just changing the name but the ABN remains the same, then it is legally the same company, so I think you should be OK.  But if I were you, I would book a quick consultation with a migration agent to be on the safe side.