HR Manager/Advisor - vetassess/AIM

regan1213

Hey Guys

Just looking for anybody with any experience proving their skills as a human resources advisor or manager to vetassess or AIM.

My Wife is currently a HR manager with no degree, a CIPD level 5 and almost 5 years experience (20 months she will have 5 years experience). She ticks all the boxes of the highly relevant tasks for both a manager and and advisor, I will try to keep this into as little questions as possible.

What documentation/evidence do each assessor require?

Do they need verbal or written confirmation from an employer or is clear documentation fine? as her current employers are unfortunately quite likely to sabotage this is given the opportunity to do so.

In terms of job tasks she qualifies now however her official title before being promoted to the manager position was not a manager or advisor but an assistant (official tasks still tick all the boxes) could this be used now as possible experience?

I look forward to any feedback you guys can help with.

thank you all

5 hours ago, regan1213 said:

Thanks paul 

even though we’ve been told the 5 years experience may substitute for the degree (emailed vetassess asking for information) it’s still highly unlikely they’ll look at us due to not having an actual degree?

If a body takes experience as a substitute for a degree, then that experience is deducted.  So in your wife's case, if she uses the 5 years as a degree substitute, she has zero experience left over. Most occupations need both the qualification and experience.

Also, the more important thing is to check what the visa requires.  If the visa says you need a degree, then it doesn't matter whether VETASSESS accepts experience as an equivalent - Immigration takes a different view.

Edited by Marisawright

On 14/01/2021 at 21:33, Marisawright said:

If a body takes experience as a substitute for a degree, then that experience is deducted.  So in your wife's case, if she uses the 5 years as a degree substitute, she has zero experience left over. Most occupations need both the qualification and experience.

Also, the more important thing is to check what the visa requires.  If the visa says you need a degree, then it doesn't matter whether VETASSESS accepts experience as an equivalent - Immigration takes a different view.

Thank you for the feedback we are finding it hard to book a consultation with a migration agent so had to resort to forums, I appreciate your help we are also looking into new zealand aswell so fingers crossed 🙂 

34 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Paul is a migration agent and he is surprised you're having trouble booking a consultation because the agents he knows, and he himself, are not excessively busy.  I suggest giving him a call. 

I’m actually very busy at the moment, as are many agents, but I’m never too busy to do an initial consultation. There are 6000 or so RMAs and not everyone is busy, depending on their specialization.