laf

Citizenship by Descent

My daughter is awaiting Citizenship by Descent, applied for in the UK.  The 90% processing time, currently 8 months, is up in a few days.  She hasn't had any communication.  Is she now entitled to phone the contact centre?  The Global centre is now an Australian number.  Is it no longer possible to speak to someone at Australian House.  Their previous number no longer works.

Is anyone else still waiting and in a similar position?  It's concerning not receiving any updates.

Edited by laf

309/100 applied 17.03.18 offshore (London), medical clearance 24.03.18, ACRO 01.05.18, sponsor's UK & Aus police checks requested 18.10.18, uploaded 04.11.18. 309/100 granted 30.11.18. Validated 15.03.19.

British citizen, husband Australian, 2 dual nationality children

57 minutes ago, laf said:

Is she now entitled to phone the contact centre? 

You can definitely try

57 minutes ago, laf said:

The Global centre is now an Australian number.  Is it no longer possible to speak to someone at Australian House.  Their previous number no longer works

All phone enquiries are now handled in Sydney

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post. 

I need to do this for my youngest. When I did it for my eldest two I just walked into the centre in Perth and filled in the forms. Can I do that again? I'm UK based but will be visiting when covid is finished, probably with my youngest.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

6 hours ago, paulhand said:

You can definitely try

All phone enquiries are now handled in Sydney

Thanks, is this permanent or just since Covid?

309/100 applied 17.03.18 offshore (London), medical clearance 24.03.18, ACRO 01.05.18, sponsor's UK & Aus police checks requested 18.10.18, uploaded 04.11.18. 309/100 granted 30.11.18. Validated 15.03.19.

27 minutes ago, laf said:

Thanks, is this permanent or just since Covid?

Permanent... cost saving presumably. 

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post. 

OK, I'll have to sort out a cheap calling method.

Check your mobile phone contract. I use mine (ALDI) to call UK mobiles from and numbers from Aus and it just uses my call minutes (at a higher rate) and no extra charges.

So many wineries ......so little time :yes: