Chelkni

173. Extension of date of entry expiry date

Hi. Is any one else having problems getting answer from home affairs re confirmation that the 173 visa entry expiry date will be reviewed 

Visa awarded 25/2/20  12 months given to enter AU 

unable to travel to date due to AU and Uk Gov travel restrictions

Have been advised that it will not be extended and no return of money 

subsequently told to fill in Facilitation form but website shows no response will be received if your visa number not show which it isn’t 

Sent email to Parents@homeaffairs au.com  got standard response referring me to covid details on website.

why can’t they send personal response. 

Any thoughts ? 

On 11/01/2021 at 21:55, Chelkni said:

Hi. Is any one else having problems getting answer from home affairs re confirmation that the 173 visa entry expiry date will be reviewed 

subsequently told to fill in Facilitation form but website shows no response will be received if your visa number not show which it isn’t 

Sent email to Parents@homeaffairs au.com  got standard response referring me to covid details on website.

Any thoughts ? 

Why can’t you travel we got our 143 in June 2020 and arrived 24th October .

Perth Bound.  Northern Suburbs  
Queue date 103 visa 24/08/2015

Applied for 143 visa 06/01/2020 

Acknowledgement date 21/01/2020

Request for further documents 06/02/2020

Uk & Australian police checks done 11/02/2020

Form 80 completed 12/02/2020

two medical done 11/02/2020 (one referral to GP high blood pressure)

Request for AOS bond received 05/03/2020 bond paid 06/03/2020

AOS approved 13/03/2020

2nd VAC request 19/03/2020

Paid 2nd VAC 23/03/2020

Visa granted 02/06/2020

12 minutes ago, palaceboy1 said:

Why can’t you travel we got our 143 in June 2020 and arrived 24th October .

The 173 is a temporary visa

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

On 11/01/2021 at 13:55, Chelkni said:

Any thoughts ? 

174 is classed as a temporary visa as its only valid for 2 years and no temporary visas are being allowed in - only those with PR which you get with 143

143 lodged 21 June 2017

On 11/01/2021 at 13:55, Chelkni said:

What about applying for your 143 now, before your 173 expires?

173 Visa lodged - March 2016

Documents submitted / medicals completed – May 2020

2nd VAC payment - October 2020

173 Visa granted - October 2020

143 Visa lodged - October 2020

Hi yes I asked about that but was advised I couldn’t.  Will investigate further.     Thanks for response 

Frustrating thing is I went for the option of spreading the big fee with one initial payment and one to be at end of two years.   This was promoted on website !! 

1 hour ago, Chelkni said:

Frustrating thing is I went for the option of spreading the big fee with one initial payment and one to be at end of two years.   This was promoted on website !! 

Sadly you will  end up paying more this way ! 

143 lodged 21 June 2017

On 12/01/2021 at 00:25, Chelkni said:

Any thoughts ? 

I have same issue. What happens if they cannot travel to Aus because of restrictions and the entry date is about due

CPV 173 - Lodged and Acknowledged Mar 2016

Further docs - Early May 2020

2nd VAC request - Aug 2020

2nd VAC paid and Visa granted - Sep 2020

Hi I completed a travel facilitation form and follow up with an email to parents@homeaffairs.gov.au.   You will get a bulk standard response but you should then get an extension to your entry date.  If not, contact the MP for the area you are travelling to.    My daughter contacted for me and problem was resolved with 2hrs. good luck. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chelkni said:

Hi I completed a travel facilitation form and follow up with an email to parents@homeaffairs.gov.au.   You will get a bulk standard response but you should then get an extension to your entry date.  If not, contact the MP for the area you are travelling to.    My daughter contacted for me and problem was resolved with 2hrs. good luck. 

Thank you. May I ask how long is your extension allowed? I am worried if the travel restrictions would be long over 1 year more

Was extended by a year from the date they extended the entry date.   In my case 11/1/22.  Expiry date had been 25/2/21

let me know how you get on. Finger s crossed  for you 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Chelkni said:

Was extended by a year from the date they extended the entry date.   In my case 11/1/22.  Expiry date had been 25/2/21

let me know how you get on. Finger s crossed  for you 

Many thanks. My parents' first entry date is in Sep 2021 so I think I would contact around June (3 month before the expiry date) or so. 

I wish there is a magic which the travel restrictions and exemptions could be ease for visa 173 to enter Australia sometimes in 2021. Good luck to us

7 minutes ago, Lucy Adelaide said:

Many thanks. My parents' first entry date is in Sep 2021 so I think I would contact around June (3 month before the expiry date) or so. 

I wish there is a magic which the travel restrictions and exemptions could be ease for visa 173 to enter Australia sometimes in 2021. Good luck to us

Unfortunately as 173 is classed as a temporary visa you cannot enter Australia until the borders are reopened. But if you have been granted 173 you can apply now to transfer it to 143 which usually gets done fairly quickly. Once 143 is granted you are classed as PR and can enter even whilst borders are closed - although getting a flight will be very difficult! 

143 lodged 21 June 2017