173. Extension of date of entry expiry date

Chelkni

Hi. Is any one else having problems getting answer from home affairs re confirmation that the 173 visa entry expiry date will be reviewed 

Visa awarded 25/2/20  12 months given to enter AU 

unable to travel to date due to AU and Uk Gov travel restrictions

Have been advised that it will not be extended and no return of money 

subsequently told to fill in Facilitation form but website shows no response will be received if your visa number not show which it isn’t 

Sent email to Parents@homeaffairs au.com  got standard response referring me to covid details on website.

why can’t they send personal response. 

Any thoughts ? 

On 11/01/2021 at 21:55, Chelkni said:

Hi. Is any one else having problems getting answer from home affairs re confirmation that the 173 visa entry expiry date will be reviewed 

subsequently told to fill in Facilitation form but website shows no response will be received if your visa number not show which it isn’t 

Sent email to Parents@homeaffairs au.com  got standard response referring me to covid details on website.

Any thoughts ? 

Why can’t you travel we got our 143 in June 2020 and arrived 24th October .

On 11/01/2021 at 13:55, Chelkni said:

Any thoughts ? 

174 is classed as a temporary visa as its only valid for 2 years and no temporary visas are being allowed in - only those with PR which you get with 143

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/01/2021 at 00:25, Chelkni said:

Any thoughts ? 

I have same issue. What happens if they cannot travel to Aus because of restrictions and the entry date is about due

Hi I completed a travel facilitation form and follow up with an email to parents@homeaffairs.gov.au.   You will get a bulk standard response but you should then get an extension to your entry date.  If not, contact the MP for the area you are travelling to.    My daughter contacted for me and problem was resolved with 2hrs. good luck. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chelkni said:

Hi I completed a travel facilitation form and follow up with an email to parents@homeaffairs.gov.au.   You will get a bulk standard response but you should then get an extension to your entry date.  If not, contact the MP for the area you are travelling to.    My daughter contacted for me and problem was resolved with 2hrs. good luck. 

Thank you. May I ask how long is your extension allowed? I am worried if the travel restrictions would be long over 1 year more

22 hours ago, Chelkni said:

Was extended by a year from the date they extended the entry date.   In my case 11/1/22.  Expiry date had been 25/2/21

let me know how you get on. Finger s crossed  for you 

Many thanks. My parents' first entry date is in Sep 2021 so I think I would contact around June (3 month before the expiry date) or so. 

I wish there is a magic which the travel restrictions and exemptions could be ease for visa 173 to enter Australia sometimes in 2021. Good luck to us

7 minutes ago, Lucy Adelaide said:

Many thanks. My parents' first entry date is in Sep 2021 so I think I would contact around June (3 month before the expiry date) or so. 

I wish there is a magic which the travel restrictions and exemptions could be ease for visa 173 to enter Australia sometimes in 2021. Good luck to us

Unfortunately as 173 is classed as a temporary visa you cannot enter Australia until the borders are reopened. But if you have been granted 173 you can apply now to transfer it to 143 which usually gets done fairly quickly. Once 143 is granted you are classed as PR and can enter even whilst borders are closed - although getting a flight will be very difficult! 

• 4 months later...
On 14/01/2021 at 01:03, SusieRoo said:

What about applying for your 143 now, before your 173 expires?

Susieroo, thanks for your suggestion. My parents are going to apply for 143. May I ask if you had to provide again evidence to support the sponsorship again in the 143 visa application? I see the check list only requires completed forms 47Pt and 40. 

Many thanks,

Kind regards 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Jess2201 said:

Hello can i please ask when did you apply for thjs 173 visa? I have applied since June 2016 but never heard any news

hi Chelkni,

yes i did recieved an acknowledgment but nothing else since the. Hopefully July will bring some good news!