Introduction of Covid PCR Tests

DavidIII

1 hour ago, MARYROSE02 said:

Thanks Marissa. I did not know about the HBC based upon income. I thought it was tied to applying for the Centrelink pension:

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/commonwealth-seniors-health-card/who-can-get-it

Let's see if I still have access to My Gov Centrelink. I am pretty sure that I do. The ATO keeps blocking my access but that  is a separate issue.

We fail the assets test but had no trouble getting the Health card

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MARYROSE02 said:

Thanks Marissa. I did not know about the HBC based upon income. I thought it was tied to applying for the Centrelink pension:

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/commonwealth-seniors-health-card/who-can-get-it

Let's see if I still have access to My Gov Centrelink. I am pretty sure that I do. The ATO keeps blocking my access but that  is a separate issue.

I started my application off this arvo after I read your message. For some reason I could not access the right page via the desktop site but no problem using my Centrelink app on my phone. Naturally, there is information I lack but some of my details were still current from my aborted pension appllication.

Thanks again.

5 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

My wife still works and I get my super income, my UK pension, NCB pension and some from Ferranti pension scheme. Would probably get a centerlink pension when my wife retires. 

Just missed out on the HBC as my wife was earning too much. She's dropping a shift per week so we should get it next time I apply.

Thanks Paul. Following Marisa's advice I have commenced an application for a HBC today. My income stream is similar to yours - UK state pension, Royal Mail pension. Com Super pension (from job at Garden Island for Dept of Defence), rent on my home in England, a few dividends. I have not started to draw on my Aussie super yet though. It's not a huge amount but I was thinking of keeping it as a buffer for emergencies.

22 hours ago, ramot said:

Do you have to have lived in Australia for 10 years as PR to be eligible for a health benefits card? and is it for just  based on your personal income or combined with your partner? 

It's combined. I had to submit a months worth of my wifes payslips, which put us just over the limit. The day I submitted the form on-line I got a phone call an hour later from a lady doing the assessment, which I thought was pretty impressive. She wanted to clarify a couple of things and was very nice. 

The e-mail I got to tell me I wasn't going to get it said to re-apply when my circumstances changed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

It's combined. I had to submit a months worth of my wifes payslips, which put us just over the limit. The day I submitted the form on-line I got a phone call an hour later from a lady doing the assessment, which I thought was pretty impressive. She wanted to clarify a couple of things and was very nice. 

The e-mail I got to tell me I wasn't going to get it said to re-apply when my circumstances changed.

I started the applilcation using my latest Tax Return. Straight away encountered problems. My ITR puts my total income including foreign income but the Centrelink app asks for total income first then foreign income which immediately increased my total income by adding the two amounts together. So, take foreign income away from my total income. Next, "How much did I pay in super contributions?" Not included on my ITR so I had to pause the application to get those details if I can log on to my  super website. At the moment I am blocked by the ATO from accessing MYGOV. (I have access to MY GOV for Centrelink and Medicare but not the ATO - ongoing problem I thought was sorted out.)

It is probably easier to ring Scott Morrison than it is to ring the ATO department concerned with the query. They will not give out a direct number and the generic one means hanging on forever, then speaking to someone, then going on hold again. I waited for over an hour last time I did get through. When they call it is not listed on my phone as "ATO.".

Edited by MARYROSE02

53 minutes ago, MARYROSE02 said:

I started the applilcation using my latest Tax Return. Straight away encountered problems. My ITR puts my total income including foreign income but the Centrelink app asks for total income first then foreign income which immediately increased my total income by adding the two amounts together. So, take foreign income away from my total income. Next, "How much did I pay in super contributions?" Not included on my ITR so I had to pause the application to get those details if I can log on to my  super website. At the moment I am blocked by the ATO from accessing MYGOV. (I have access to MY GOV for Centrelink and Medicare but not the ATO - ongoing problem I thought was sorted out.)

It is probably easier to ring Scott Morrison than it is to ring the ATO department concerned with the query. They will not give out a direct number and the generic one means hanging on forever, then speaking to someone, then going on hold again. I waited for over an hour last time I did get through. When they call it is not listed on my phone as "ATO.".

What do you need to ask the ATO about?   Surely you need to check your superannuation fund.  I didn't know you were still working?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

I see the UK is closing borders, about a year too late.

@Paul1Perth I also thought that when I read the BBC headlines yesterday, but they are just closing the 'travel corridor' so that people coming to the UK will have to quarantine at home for 10 days (5 days if a negative test after Day 5). After a couple of days or so a lot of people are just going to say 'I feel fine' and off they go out. We had the same problem here in the beginning, but at least our government clamped down on it.

• Like 3

On 08/01/2021 at 16:38, DavidIII said:

I'd be happy to pay any speeding fine right now as I'd know I'm in Australia and not stuck in limbo in the UK.  Today I waved off my possessions in a container and I just want to be in Australia to meet them or I could be completely buggered.

These past few weeks have not been the easiest, I had flights cancelled with Singapore Airways due to transit restrictions, I then booked with Qatar in mid-Feb and they managed to lose my arm and a leg to get on an earlier flight.  At least when I booked them I told the agent that now you've taken half my body to pay for this, I should get a discount for only needing half a seat 🙂

I'd just like to know that this time next week I'll be in quarantine.....

Hi David - how is it going?  I take it your flights were ok and you are are coming to the end of Quarantine now?