NQ679

190 Visa Grant

8 hours ago, Southlander said:

@DukeNinja you hit the nail on the head. Agree with all you say. But really good to hear people are routing for us 😊🙏

On a side note, India recorded 200k new covid cases in a single day, population of over a billion. Common sense suggests it will be a long time before anyone would want them to fly into your country, regardless of visa type. Hopefully they are not delaying our visas based on the global outlook. The UK on the other hand are averaging 75 new cases a day. So coupled with vaccines we should be firmly on the radar 😉

I doubt that they will prioritize visa applicants from specific countries, that I think would be political suicide and borderline discrimination. Unfortunately, i think all other nations other than NZ are considered to be in the same cesspool in the eyes of DOHA.

Perhaps, but at least they can get things moving. Some countries are already considered 3rd tier, so are already being scrutinised more than others. But should our covid data be favourable, we should not be held up to appease others. 

Saying that India is not on the UK Red flag list for flying in. And others with lower risks ar banned, so yes politics is playing its role. 

5 hours ago, Southlander said:

Just seen on Fbook, an OFFSHORE person from Punjabi has just got their 190 visa. Occupation was non-critical, "Manufacturer" for SA! 

Let's hope this is the beginning 😭🤣

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1662015954003375

Yea, saw this as well. I think they applied March/April 2020. Good news!

Wonder what the circumstances were for granting it sooner than others. Pwrhaps now that India are pretty a no go in terms of covid there will be no flights from India to anywhere so no risk them flying to Australia.

1 hour ago, Southlander said:

Wonder what the circumstances were for granting it sooner than others. Pwrhaps now that India are pretty a no go in terms of covid there will be no flights from India to anywhere so no risk them flying to Australia.

Not sure how that would work.  As a 190 visa holder he can't be refused entry and while flights from India are banned in NZ right now, they're not banned in Australia.

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Assumed India were on a travel ban to enter Australia considering UK has done just that. I gather oz border closures is for everyone opposed to select countries, so if you manage to get flight and have PR then is ok.

I went ahead and bought a refundable flight for myself for September, even though I'm not granted. I'm just trying to cover all the bases in case prices jump. If the grant keeps taking longer, I'll just keep delaying it.

Carpenter from the US | Waiting on my 190 grant for NSW with 75 points.
Started migration process
: April 2019 | Vetassess : December 2019 (Belfast Ireland) |
 PTE : Dec 2019  (two attempts in San Antonio, TX) | 190 and 189 EOI applied for : February 2020 | Invited (190) : 13th March, 2020 Applied : 30 March, 2020 | Waiting for CO contact as of 30 March 2020.

10 hours ago, nomadiccarpenter said:

I went ahead and bought a refundable flight for myself for September, even though I'm not granted. I'm just trying to cover all the bases in case prices jump. If the grant keeps taking longer, I'll just keep delaying it.

I'm job hunting so I can see if I can get an exemption. I've had a few leads lately, It's honestly starting to look somewhat promising.