190 Visa Grant

NQ679

8 hours ago, Southlander said:

@DukeNinja you hit the nail on the head. Agree with all you say. But really good to hear people are routing for us 😊🙏

On a side note, India recorded 200k new covid cases in a single day, population of over a billion. Common sense suggests it will be a long time before anyone would want them to fly into your country, regardless of visa type. Hopefully they are not delaying our visas based on the global outlook. The UK on the other hand are averaging 75 new cases a day. So coupled with vaccines we should be firmly on the radar 😉

I doubt that they will prioritize visa applicants from specific countries, that I think would be political suicide and borderline discrimination. Unfortunately, i think all other nations other than NZ are considered to be in the same cesspool in the eyes of DOHA.

Perhaps, but at least they can get things moving. Some countries are already considered 3rd tier, so are already being scrutinised more than others. But should our covid data be favourable, we should not be held up to appease others. 

Saying that India is not on the UK Red flag list for flying in. And others with lower risks ar banned, so yes politics is playing its role. 

1 hour ago, Southlander said:

Wonder what the circumstances were for granting it sooner than others. Pwrhaps now that India are pretty a no go in terms of covid there will be no flights from India to anywhere so no risk them flying to Australia.

Not sure how that would work.  As a 190 visa holder he can't be refused entry and while flights from India are banned in NZ right now, they're not banned in Australia.

10 hours ago, nomadiccarpenter said:

I went ahead and bought a refundable flight for myself for September, even though I'm not granted. I'm just trying to cover all the bases in case prices jump. If the grant keeps taking longer, I'll just keep delaying it.

I'm job hunting so I can see if I can get an exemption. I've had a few leads lately, It's honestly starting to look somewhat promising. 

• Like 1

On 11/04/2021 at 11:06, Toots said:

Well let's hope there are jobs waiting for all those imported people.  Things aren't that great here you know - no matter what some people will try to tell you.  Just be prepared for that.

I remember living back home with my rose-coloured glasses on, much like Domo and others, thinking everything will be a bastion of perfection  in Australia because it's Australia. Had a huge wake-up call a year into living in this country that it isn't the perfect paradise that so many foreigners believe it to be, including myself. It has its faults and warts like every other country. It's still a great country, just maybe not as great as I thought it would be after moving here. I now realise how lucky and privileged I am to have been born and raised in one of the best countries in the world. Funny how you clue in on that when you decide to leave it and move elsewhere.

Still far better than the Excited States of Murca though 😁

Edited by Canada2Australia
  • Like 1

On 23/04/2021 at 23:01, Canada2Australia said:

I remember living back home with my rose-coloured glasses on, much like Domo and others, thinking everything will be a bastion of perfection  in Australia because it's Australia. Had a huge wake-up call a year into living in this country that it isn't the perfect paradise that so many foreigners believe it to be, including myself. It has its faults and warts like every other country. It's still a great country, just maybe not as great as I thought it would be after moving here. I now realise how lucky and privileged I am to have been born and raised in one of the best countries in the world. Funny how you clue in on that when you decide to leave it and move elsewhere.

Still far better than the Excited States of Murca though 😁

Tell your story, I'd love to hear it!I

I was born on the adriatic coast in Europe, Australian lifestyle is similar to that, we don't have that in Canada. Personally I'd much prefer that my kids grew up in a similar environment, Canada is super boring if you ask me and it's literally frigid 7 months of the year. Both economies are similar and I'm aiming for a career change that Canada can't offer, maybe Vancouver can, but if I'm going to move 8hrs away from Toronto, I may as well move 25hrs to Aus. Def wouldn't want to raise a family in murica.

33 minutes ago, Domo said:

I was born on the adriatic coast in Europe, Australian lifestyle is similar to that, we don't have that in Canada. Personally I'd much prefer that my kids grew up in a similar environment, Canada is super boring if you ask me and it's literally frigid 7 months of the year. Both economies are similar and I'm aiming for a career change that Canada can't offer, maybe Vancouver can, but if I'm going to move 8hrs away from Toronto, I may as well move 25hrs to Aus. Def wouldn't want to raise a family in murica.

Well I have told my story in several threads scattered throughout this forum, so I don't want to choke up this thread with additional repetitious garble. You can search for them if you wish.

Personally, I think you find it 'boring' because you grew up in a warmer climate and you long for that again. Canada is far from boring. If it is, then Australia is equally as 'boring', which is also not true. The fact that both countries are in the top 10 quality of life listings (there are many, but most seem to say the same thing consistently) is a testament to the opposite of being 'boring'.

What I'm saying to you is don't equate Australia to Adriatic Europe; the two are nothing alike perhaps besides some aspects of climate and being next to an ocean.

Edited by Canada2Australia
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Domo said:

In what way I wonder do you envisage Australian lifestyle to resemble the Adriatic Coast of Europe? The only differing aspect to Canada is the weather. As you write in economic terms both countries have similarities . While preferring the heat to frigid weather myself, the better weather fails to arrest a host of boredom inducing social conditions that inflict this nation as it does others. I wonder what career change Canada can't offer that Australia can? Kangaroo shooter? Sheep shearer? I really can't imagine. Both are first world nations, offering to my mind very similar bites of the pie.

44 minutes ago, Domo said:

You will never know what it is like to live in Australia until you are here Domo.  You will receive all different sorts of opinions about the country from various forum members.  Some migrants take to it like a duck to water and others never settle and return to their home country.  I am one of the happy migrants.  My family has had a good life here over the past nearly 40 years.

Good luck to you.  😀

Better not hijack this 190 visa grant thread any further.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 05/01/2021 at 03:57, 31Hillbury said:

Hi mate,

We are also waiting, submitted our application on 24th Jan 2020 - No case officer contact as of yet.

We are also offshore.

I would imagine it is dependant on occupation and how much of the budget is left for us offshore.

Fingers crossed. 

Regards, 

Eddie

Bro i applied jan 2020 and still waiting for grand and i am onshore. 🥴

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Searchingforsun said:

Sorry to randomly jump on this thread but am I right in saying the 190 timeline has changed to 4 months? I'm sure I checked it 2 weeks ago and it was approx 15 months but now states 75% applications processed in 4 months . 

Correct. It is now 4 - 15 months as of today. Though it seems more accurate for onshores.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just a quick update, I got my first CO contact (190 visa) on 15th of this month. The CO asked me to redo medicals as they expired. All my details are in my signature. Finally after almost 20 months, there has been some movement. Even another friend of mine who lodged in Nov 2019 has got a CO contact last week for his 190 visa. We both are Registered Nurses and offshore.

Edited by Pooja Negi
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys, 

Sorry if I jump someone's conversation.

I am applying for NSW 190 under civil engineering for 85 points. Can anyone suggest me if I should wait for an invite/nomination or go for 491 which seems to be a quicker process? I am already living and working in NSW.

Regards

19 hours ago, Tej S said:

Hello guys, 

Sorry if I jump someone's conversation.

I am applying for NSW 190 under civil engineering for 85 points. Can anyone suggest me if I should wait for an invite/nomination or go for 491 which seems to be a quicker process? I am already living and working in NSW.

Regards

491 is a state nominated visa. You will need to submit an expression of interest to NSW and once they approve they will invite you to apply for the visa. You have 60 days from the day they invite you to submit so make sure you have everything ready likes proof of finances, payslips, employer references, skills assessments,  English language test etc

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Pooja Negi said:

Just a quick update. I got my 190 granted last week. Waited for almost 2 years. Pheww! Done and dusted finally!

Congrats! Let the excitement begin. If you have property in the UK, selling rather than renting it out might be a better idea, but dyor. 

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone, 

I am new to this page. I got NSW invitation yesterday. By mistake I put 1 in family members Column instead of 2 ( my husband and my daughter) though I didn’t claim any point from them. Is it big mistake ? Will it affect nomination decision? Should I inform department regarding this? I am so worried. 
thanks in advance.