190 Visa Grant

NQ679

1 hour ago, 31Hillbury said:

The agent we are using said to me if the anzco is removed from the list any visas in processing are unaffected??

As long as your application is bulletproof and your medicals and police certs are all clear then shouldnt be a problem?

Its just an annoying waiting game.

It’s not just a waiting game, the state can still change its mind at any time in the process

14 hours ago, 31Hillbury said:

The agent we are using said to me if the anzco is removed from the list any visas in processing are unaffected??

As long as your application is bulletproof and your medicals and police certs are all clear then shouldnt be a problem?

It’s a very uncertain time and yes it’s deeply annoying as one cannot plan. 
Also there is only soo much preparation that can be done re shipping, housing, kids etc.

I just hope your agent is right, that our applications are safe but just in limbo, as if they are subject to not being granted because of quota restrictions or removal from the list, that would quite frankly be an outrage. People’s life’s are hinged on these decisions.

Is this state nomination you are referring to, or your final application with the dha, nomination already obtained?

I am aware that Victoria are notorious for giving false hope with regards to state nomination, they invite you to apply only to reject your application, which they can. However once you have obtained state nomination and your visa has been applied through skills select with the dha (federal government), paid in full, you are in the queue regardless of any new cutoffs or changes in occupation lists. This is what I understand. 

I think we all agree our visa is only gutenteed the day we receive it. 🙏

Ps 14 months nearing for us... 😒 Followed the processing times religiously, at least we have less expectations now 😂 10-12 pfffttt, sure😂 

• Like 2

On 25/01/2021 at 12:04, Southlander said:

Is this state nomination you are referring to, or your final application with the dha, nomination already obtained?

I am aware that Victoria are notorious for giving false hope with regards to state nomination, they invite you to apply only to reject your application, which they can. However once you have obtained state nomination and your visa has been applied through skills select with the dha (federal government), paid in full, you are in the queue regardless of any new cutoffs or changes in occupation lists. This is what I understand. 

I think we all agree our visa is only gutenteed the day we receive it. 🙏

Ps 14 months nearing for us... 😒 Followed the processing times religiously, at least we have less expectations now 😂 10-12 pfffttt, sure😂 

Hopefully @Marisawrightisn’t referring to somebody just waiting for a grant.

i am of the same understanding as you mention @Southlander 

Although until it’s in my hand/electronically assigned to my passport then nothing is a given! 

We are 2 days over 12 months! Who knows when something is going to move in favour of us offshore! I would imagine  Nothing much can happenthe quarantine bottle neck is sorted?

Allegedly 40000 Australians can’t get home, I’m sure that number was around 26000 before Xmas? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 31Hillbury said:

Yeah I spotted that! It might be worth a call to the agent I guess,

I think people are just getting a standardised responses? 

It depends if you get a sympathetic soul on the other end, who's willing to actually open up your file to look through, rather than blurt out their scripted spiel.

On 24/01/2021 at 13:36, 31Hillbury said:

That's if you have been invited and lodged your application. If you havent been invited and an ANZSCO has been removed or reconfigured, you're effectively SOL.

From what I gather; if you've been invited and have applied you are "safe", the rest is an issue of visa prioritization. Unfortunately, Offshore 190s/189s are of low priority, so they will keep us in the lurch for quite some time. It'll be one hell of a waiting game.

3 hours ago, 31Hillbury said:

Yeah I spotted that! It might be worth a call to the agent I guess,

I think people are just getting a standardised responses? 

Let us know how it goes. I'm at 12 months on February 5th, so maybe I'll have to make the phone call in the near future as well.

19 minutes ago, Domo said:

Let us know how it goes. I'm at 12 months on February 5th, so maybe I'll have to make the phone call in the near future as well.

Hi!

Well im nearing the 11 month mark,  i did see the change in processing time when i logged in online to 10-12 months so definitely a positive, however, all we can do in a situation like this is just wait......

@Domo it is already hell! 😂. What's the next stage 😭😂

@31Hillbury we went from 13 to 14 months recently, both also over the "processing times". We then asked our agents would be great if they can follow up with the dha or check in, whatever they deem appropriate. It felt as though they were reluctant and only done it to appease us, they also must of sent a generic email as they were happy to fwd the automated reply from the dha to backup the default covid delays. There could be a legitimate reason for not following up, maybe your agent is more forthcoming or there is no point. Don't get me wrong our agents have been brilliant but this does seem to be an area that they are not rushing into pursue or will provide us with simple periodic updates. 

33 minutes ago, Southlander said:

@Domo it is already hell! 😂. What's the next stage 😭😂

@31Hillbury we went from 13 to 14 months recently, both also over the "processing times". We then asked our agents would be great if they can follow up with the dha or check in, whatever they deem appropriate. It felt as though they were reluctant and only done it to appease us, they also must of sent a generic email as they were happy to fwd the automated reply from the dha to backup the default covid delays. There could be a legitimate reason for not following up, maybe your agent is more forthcoming or there is no point. Don't get me wrong our agents have been brilliant but this does seem to be an area that they are not rushing into pursue or will provide us with simple periodic updates. 

We're at the mercy of the aus government and DHA. I've personally tried to apply for an exemption back in december and was denied.

For all of us who are waiting for a grant, I think the only certaintie we have is that we'll have to wait another +6 months for any favourable outcome. 

Also, Alan tudge has come out and stated that returning international students would almost certainly be impossible, Scott morrison stated that returning immigrants would be decided as the year unfolds, qantas CEO alan joyce has put international flight tickets on sale for July 1st, chief medical officer stated that opening borders is unlikely in 2021. 

Realistically, canada and the UK have kept borders open for long term visa holders, whereas Aus and NZ have shut them almost entirely. It's not a difficult task to manage hotel quarintine and avoid outbreaks. They just seem to be looking for every excuse to remain isolated. 

Pardon my rant, but I'm just trying to point out that aus will do whatever they want, they are rightfully conservative, and the best we can do is to plan for the expected delay.

• Like 2

On 25/01/2021 at 12:04, Southlander said:

I just wonder if there is any official text stating (to effect) that our visa’s are safe & just in limbo? There are surely some terms & conditions where the text states what parameters the State/DHA can work within & guidelines on how the applicant/s have to be treated...?

Most, if not all of us have paid the fee on lodging the application by the sounds of it, for me I can wait, if I know that the application is safe, as I’m confident on all claims I have made & the correct docs are in place. 6+ months is totally realistic/obvious until an outcome is sought.

@Domo I think the rant was actually quite composed 😉 It is tough, we have paid our fees and that's it, they seem to think they have nothing further to gain by granting the visas, which is ironic considering the requirements of state sponsorship. The 10's of thousand of students from Asia and the subcontinent however are hurting their pockets hence why they speak about it every other day, and deafening silence for us. I also think the UK offshore applicants must really represent a small number of visas awaiting decisions, so agreed, it would be simple managing us now before they open the floodgates to the students. 

@Joe/Rose once you have state nomination, and your application is sound there is nothing to worry about besides time upping away. Once you apply with the dha the state also has no further say on your application and how they process it. 

I don't believe that is an issue, the key thing is they were valid at time of application. 

5 hours ago, Southlander said:

@Domo I think the rant was actually quite composed 😉 It is tough, we have paid our fees and that's it, they seem to think they have nothing further to gain by granting the visas, which is ironic considering the requirements of state sponsorship. The 10's of thousand of students from Asia and the subcontinent however are hurting their pockets hence why they speak about it every other day, and deafening silence for us. I also think the UK offshore applicants must really represent a small number of visas awaiting decisions, so agreed, it would be simple managing us now before they open the floodgates to the students. 

@Joe/Rose once you have state nomination, and your application is sound there is nothing to worry about besides time upping away. Once you apply with the dha the state also has no further say on your application and how they process it. 

I don't believe that is an issue, the key thing is they were valid at time of application. 

The UK has been Australias greatest source of migrants, its shifted in recent years to chinese and Indian migrants, but historically they are still the number 1 suppliers. 

More importantly, I'm alluding to the fact that this too shall pass. Despite how unlucky and awful we may feel right now, those of us with invites are 'in' in my books. We're just currently stuck waiting, but they'll get to us eventually. 

The issue lies with future migration, it'll be a nightmare for those lodging EOIs and waiting for invitations. The reality is; the more people there are, the tougher immigration laws will become. 

On 28/01/2021 at 05:23, Domo said:

Realistically, canada and the UK have kept borders open for long term visa holders, whereas Aus and NZ have shut them almost entirely. It's not a difficult task to manage hotel quarintine and avoid outbreaks. They just seem to be looking for every excuse to remain isolated. 

Yes, and just look at the mess Canada and the UK are in!   

Hotel quarantine is not easy to manage.  The main challenge is getting enough trained staff.  That's the main reason why the government hasn't created large, remote quarantine stations (as has often been suggested) - because it would be too difficult to get the high level of staffing required.   

New Zealand has just recorded its first new infections, from travelers who caught the virus while in hotel quarantine - possibly from the air conditioning, since they're not allowed to mingle. It's one of the new, more contagious variants.   So personally,  I'm very glad the government is being cautious.

The borders aren't entirely closed, anyway - there are still 30,000+ people arriving every month.   

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Southlander said:

The 10's of thousand of students from Asia and the subcontinent however are hurting their pockets hence why they speak about it every other day, and deafening silence for us. I also think the UK offshore applicants must really represent a small number of visas awaiting decisions

Unfortunately, it's inevitable that where there's a group of tens of thousands, PLUS all the universities lobbying relentlessly, that they're going to get more attention than the relatively small  number of visa applicants caught in limbo.  

Edited by Marisawright

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2021 at 09:02, Marisawright said:

Unfortunately, it's inevitable that where there's a group of tens of thousands, PLUS all the universities lobbying relentlessly, that they're going to get more attention than the relatively small  number of visa applicants caught in limbo.  

In a way that's fair enough, at least from an economic point of view, if it's indeed true that education is (or was) Australia's third biggest export category.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

Anyone recieved any news/grant? Logged into my immiaccount and the processing timeline has been updated to 6-10 months, however its been 11 months now (going on 12) since i submitted (March 2020)....not giving up though and still positive!

Regards,

Nate

According to immitracker and the foi on the government website grants are still happening but just at a much slower rate. It appears only priority groups are receiving grants in the meantime. We are at 12 almost 13 months of waiting now too. All we can do is wait and watch and hope. 

On 21/02/2021 at 21:56, NQ679 said:

Hi!

Anyone recieved any news/grant? Logged into my immiaccount and the processing timeline has been updated to 6-10 months, however its been 11 months now (going on 12) since i submitted (March 2020)....not giving up though and still positive!

Regards,

Nate

A nurse from my agency recieved a 190 recently, and a handful of people received their skilled regional (491) recently. There is barely any movement with non critical offshore. 

Actually, one guy from my agency 190 fitter general managed to get his grant in january, absolutely crazy! But he had to pull some serious strings. I'm trying follow In his footsteps and to do that now, seems like a long shot, but it could be worth it, if i get there sooner!