190 Visa Grant

NQ679

Hi and Happy New Year!

Just thought id create this thread to see if anyone has had a recent 190 Visa granted?

Just some background, I submitted my application in March 2020 (Offshore), now waiting almost ten months. Processing times on the home affairs website is saying 10-13 months. Fingers crossed I get a grant soon, however not sure how about processing given Covid and the current travel restrictions.

Appreciate any feedback.

Regards,

I’m still waiting to.

SC190 visa applied mid Dec 2019, No case officer as of yet & I’m offshore.

I’ve said for months now, that I don’t think things will move until after July 2021, when the new quota is issued. 

There are 11200 places for the SC190 July 2020-21, down 55% from last year, July 2019-20. 

NSW (who have nominated me) have been allocated 3350 visa places from the central 11200, this includes all primary & secondary applicants as I understand (correct me if I’m wrong someone).

For me, the writing is on the wall but I haven't got a 🔮  😀

The link is below;
https://www.iscah.com/exact-state-190-491-allocations/

All the best

3 hours ago, 31Hillbury said:

Hi mate,

We are also waiting, submitted our application on 24th Jan 2020 - No case officer contact as of yet.

We are also offshore.

I would imagine it is dependant on occupation and how much of the budget is left for us offshore.

Fingers crossed. 

Regards, 

Eddie

Hi Eddie and happy New Year!

Man so we are both i n the same boat! Only difference is your's is coming up to a year now waiting for a grant! Hang in there pal, heres hoping for some good news for us all!

Just a quick question, which state did you apply for 190 to and what occupation?

Kind Regards,

Nate

1 hour ago, Joe/Rose said:

I’m still waiting to.

SC190 visa applied mid Dec 2019, No case officer as of yet & I’m offshore.

I’ve said for months now, that I don’t think things will move until after July 2021, when the new quota is issued. 

There are 11200 places for the SC190 July 2020-21, down 55% from last year, July 2019-20. 

NSW (who have nominated me) have been allocated 3350 visa places from the central 11200, this includes all primary & secondary applicants as I understand (correct me if I’m wrong someone).

For me, the writing is on the wall but I haven't got a 🔮  😀

The link is below;
https://www.iscah.com/exact-state-190-491-allocations/

All the best

Hi Joe/Rose and happy New Year!

So correct if i am wrong, you are saying that NSW has 3350 visa grant places for this year - so we are in for a chance? 😊

I got NSW nomination for 511112 (Project/Program Administrator), what occupation did you apply for?

Regards,

Nate

15 hours ago, Joe/Rose said:

Yes whilst you apply for a 190 based on your individual skills, you can bring family members with you. You only need the primary applicant to meet the "threshold for points", but all family members count as a visa applicant for totals purposes.

So in your NSW example there are 3350 places. If everyone applying is single that's 3350 applications that can be succesfully granted. 

However if each application comes from a person in a couple with 3 kids (so 5 visas per case) then its only 670 applications that can be succesfully granted

We’ve been waiting since the start of feb 2020. Offshore too. It’s so frustrating having our lives on hold. Eldest is almost 15 and worried about moving him during exam years.... 

If only we had some sort of timeline and transparency we could make a decision. 🤷‍♀️ The 10-13 months is obviously based on some onshore being granted so quickly so not holding my breath for that at all. It’s just such a sad and hopeless feeling waiting and being completely in the dark. 

is there a way to find out how many visas have been granted? And how many per occupation and whether or not onshore or offshore? 

let’s hope that vaccines are rolled out quickly and life can resume 

2 hours ago, CapitalS said:

We’ve been waiting since the start of feb 2020. Offshore too. It’s so frustrating having our lives on hold. Eldest is almost 15 and worried about moving him during exam years.... 

If only we had some sort of timeline and transparency we could make a decision. 🤷‍♀️ The 10-13 months is obviously based on some onshore being granted so quickly so not holding my breath for that at all. It’s just such a sad and hopeless feeling waiting and being completely in the dark. 

is there a way to find out how many visas have been granted? And how many per occupation and whether or not onshore or offshore? 

let’s hope that vaccines are rolled out quickly and life can resume 

Hi!

I know the feeling, ben waiting since March 2020 (single applicant, NSW 190, offshore) - hoping i get case officer or direct grant as I submitted a decision ready application including medicals and police clearance. Have you been assigned a case officer?

Regards,

Nate

48 minutes ago, Domo said:

Qantas has came out with july estimates, vaccines are being distributed, offshore sc 491 are being granted regularly... it's almost our turn, so keep your head up and dont let it get to you.

Hi!

Yep staying positive! What occupation did you apply for? 

No CO contact. Medical and pc due to expire in feb 😞 more expense 

I read July 1st they will resume flights from London and USA but unless things change they can move goalposts like they did already. 

it’s deflating. We discussed yesterday that if we don’t have an answer by OCT this year then the dream is over. Makes me both sad and frustrated. 

we waited to apply for years and finally the time was right and then literally COVID. The stars were not in alignment for us that’s for sure.

I suppose all we can do is wait to see what the next few months bring while hoping for the best.I hate uncertainty and all the money we have invested in something that may never happen! 

• Like 1

NSW onshore from Dec 2019. Front loaded everything.
Did additional medical in Jan 2020 but no CO contact whatsoever.

Prolly due it not being priority occupation? But it's almost 13 months now and I'm just crossing all my fingers. Pretty anxious all in all.

Edited by CeriMon
more info

On 06/01/2021 at 14:41, NQ679 said:

Hi!

Yep staying positive! What occupation did you apply for? 

NSW 190, carpenter, lodged Feb 4th, 2020... I had a WHV and a plan in motion to be in Aus on April of 2020. Unfortunately I was in Africa at the time, had my phone stolen and didnt realize what was going on with border closures. My spidey senses were tingling, but I couldnt quite figure out the brevity of the situation.

On 09/01/2021 at 23:43, CeriMon said:

NSW onshore from Dec 2019. Front loaded everything.
Did additional medical in Jan 2020 but no CO contact whatsoever.

Prolly due it not being priority occupation? But it's almost 13 months now and I'm just crossing all my fingers. Pretty anxious all in all.

You must have a BVB by now, and are onshore so why even worry?

On 13/01/2021 at 14:44, Domo said:

You must have a BVB by now, and are onshore so why even worry?

I am at the tail end of 13 month processing time and I have watched it get pushed back from 5-6 months. Various reasons to worry really. What if I get rejected? What if I got stood down or fired? What if govt isnt granting the visa for my ANZSCO code anymore? etc2

23 minutes ago, CeriMon said:

I am at the tail end of 13 month processing time and I have watched it get pushed back from 5-6 months. Various reasons to worry really. What if I get rejected? What if I got stood down or fired? What if govt isnt granting the visa for my ANZSCO code anymore? etc2

Hi,

Still optimistic and hopeful but cant really do much, i think the only thing that really gives comfort is the fact we have managed to receive an invite to apply and lodged an application. In the same boat as you, have had my processing time pushed from 5-7 months, then 8-10 months and now at 10-13months. Guess we just have to keep on waiting patiently....

Regards,

On 21/01/2021 at 06:10, Eagle2020 said:

I have been told by my migration agent that once things get going again, onshore applications will take priority over offshore and 491 applications will take priority over 190.

That's probably true, but I don't believe anyone has been told that official (or even off the record), it is just suposition on your agent's part

On 21/01/2021 at 00:12, CeriMon said:

The agent we are using said to me if the anzco is removed from the list any visas in processing are unaffected??

As long as your application is bulletproof and your medicals and police certs are all clear then shouldnt be a problem?

Its just an annoying waiting game.