Clinical Psychologist for Regional NSW - Visa granted!

Lee&Fiona

Hi,

We are Lee and Fiona, new to this blog and currently in Maidstone UK but we have been granted Family Sponsored Visas for Regional NSW, so basically we have the whole state we can live/work in, but not Sydney itself.  Fiona is a Clinical Psychologist with over 20 years experience and would like some sort of lead on finding a job before we move out.  We are looking Woolongong/Illawarra region ideally, but would also be happy Newcastle/Central Coast etc.  We are happy to go where work is most available.

Does anyone in any of these regions have any advice/details of recruiters/companies she could get in touch with?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Psychologists are ten a penny in Australia so she probably won't have any problems finding a job once she's leaped the AHPRA hurdles. If she gets full registration she will be good to go but it might find it a bit more difficult if she only gets provisional registration because of the extra pressure on the organisation for additional supervision etc.

She's not likely to get a job before you move so find the place you want to live then apply for the jobs - either of the places you mention are likely to have opportunities. If she joins the APS they have a sits vac section so you can see what the demands  are in both places. 

• Like 2

If you are looking for positions within NSW health, or for any NSW government job, you can also visit the "I Work for NSW" Website:

Here is a list that may interest you:

https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/jobs/all-keywords/all-agencies/all-organisations--entities/clinical-psychologist-jobs/all-locations/all-worktypes?jobcategoryid=16648

Its a start at least.

• Like 2

A friend of mine use to work for a company called Benestar, in their Employment Assistance Programme. Which from my limited understanding, provides workplace counseling and conflict resolution for staff of large organizations. For some bizarre reason, he use to have a LOT of clients from Australia Post. Made me think twice about ever working for AP, I must admit. He is British and he said they hired a lot of British Psychologists. They have offices all over Australia, including rural areas.