The Pom Queen

Grey Import Cars Australia

Does anyone know anything about them. I need a mobility vehicle so looking at selling both of ours and getting one. The problem is I don’t have a lot to spend. So was looking at a 10 year old El Grand (Toyota) but someone said you need to have some kind of certificate and that a 7 seater van may only be licensed for 2 seats here in Australia. I didn’t understand as you can tell. They also said insurance is impossible. 
I know nothing about cars so would need ideas on who could check it over.

Any ideas? My wheelchair is a large 4x4 one so it needs to have a large boot. Although in saying that I can fit through a household door in it. 

• Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

It is risky I think.

I would buy a standard Australian available brand if it was me.

• Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

The Elgrand is a Nissan. (i just googled).

There are lots of similar types of vans sold in Australia, and if you are buying a 10 year old one it would be pretty cheap anyway I think.

• Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

The diesel El Grande is the same engine as the Nissan Patrol, so lots of parts can be easily sourced here and they are not a bad engine at all.

A Kia Pregio is another vehicle the boss says to have a look at, they are a good vehicle and cheap but not the best for fast highway miles.Gary has used one as a commuter vehicle for the last 6 or 7 years up until recently upgrading it.  If you need any help viewing around here or gold coast let me know and Gary will sort something. The Hi Max is another one BUT they can be notorious for engine problems so if its had ANY engine issues in the past he said dont touch it.

Just becareful with big 10 seaters, we had to pay rego as a mini bus on one due to it having so many seats and its another expense you don't need.

Cal x

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

9 hours ago, calNgary said:

The diesel El Grande is the same engine as the Nissan Patrol, so lots of parts can be easily sourced here and they are not a bad engine at all.

A Kia Pregio is another vehicle the boss says to have a look at, they are a good vehicle and cheap but not the best for fast highway miles.Gary has used one as a commuter vehicle for the last 6 or 7 years up until recently upgrading it.  If you need any help viewing around here or gold coast let me know and Gary will sort something. The Hi Max is another one BUT they can be notorious for engine problems so if its had ANY engine issues in the past he said dont touch it.

Just becareful with big 10 seaters, we had to pay rego as a mini bus on one due to it having so many seats and its another expense you don't need.

Cal x

Thank you so much Cal and Gary. So would it be worthwhile looking at the El grande but make sure it’s diesel? 

• Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

13 hours ago, Parley said:

The Elgrand is a Nissan. (i just googled).

There are lots of similar types of vans sold in Australia, and if you are buying a 10 year old one it would be pretty cheap anyway I think.

Not really cheap, some 2000 - 2003 models come up at $28,000. 

Did not Iron Chef used to post on here offering just this advice and service?

• Like 1

Matt Hancock on TV, crying like the stepfather appealing for the return of the daughter he knows is buried under the garage floor.

•  

Speak to the insurance people first.  
Make sure you can get a quote (and you can afford it) before spending your money on the above helpful suggestions.

For what it's worth, I insure an import using Shannons, it’s a lot cheaper than I expected and for the second year in a row they haven’t taken the piss at renewal time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, unzippy said:

Speak to the insurance people first.  
Make sure you can get a quote (and you can afford it) before spending your money on the above helpful suggestions.

For what it's worth, I insure an import using Shannons, it’s a lot cheaper than I expected and for the second year in a row they haven’t taken the piss at renewal time.

Great idea, thank you I will contact them