PLEASE Open borders for 489/491 to make first entry

Skhush

I lost a year out of 4 years of my 489 grant for SA. I could not make the first entry before the date given, yes I am aware there has been waive off published but still loosing a year of time is really frustrating. you have given ample time in processing, you wait and wait with all the patients in the world for get one email with the subject line as Invited then visa granted, you are prepared and all ready to go and suddenly world changes and everything is closed. I wanted to know if there are any hope if travel will be open early 2021. does anyone have any update?

I am applying for jobs in SA but as I am not there my application is rejected at start I believe. All I can do is wait for borders to open which is unfair to some extent considering its open for 190 but not for 489 - not complaining but disappointed. 

11 hours ago, Skhush said:

I lost a year out of 4 years of my 489 grant for SA. I could not make the first entry before the date given, yes I am aware there has been waive off published but still loosing a year of time is really frustrating. you have given ample time in processing, you wait and wait with all the patients in the world for get one email with the subject line as Invited then visa granted, you are prepared and all ready to go and suddenly world changes and everything is closed. I wanted to know if there are any hope if travel will be open early 2021. does anyone have any update?

I am applying for jobs in SA but as I am not there my application is rejected at start I believe. All I can do is wait for borders to open which is unfair to some extent considering its open for 190 but not for 489 - not complaining but disappointed. 

Rules are changing so frequently in response to what's going on, here too in Aus are internal boarders have been closed, softened and closed again.  Interstate travel has been difficult with the rules on quarantine changing all the time.  Understand your frustration, but people already living in Aus are also have difficulties.

• Like 2