2 years obligation for 186 DE

Isha kamboj

Hi all,  need a experience based advise..

I got 186DE  may 2019 and I am still with the same employer . Now I am getting a good career opportunity to move on . But I heard there is a requirement to stay for 2 year with the same employer once visa is granted . But in many threads , it takes s stated that it is not a obligation .

Is there anyone in the group who has encountered the same  situation and advise me accordingly. 

Thanks  for your help .

Regards

Isha

Well, it does say you have to stay at least two years with the sponsoring employer. Assuming you could "break" that condition, how would your present employer view you leaving before the two years is up? How would your prospective new employer look upon you? Perhaps if you told them you want the job but you have another six months to go with your present employer they would agree?

However, now I've looked a some migration agent sites, as far as I can see, once you have been granted your visa, you have permanent residence and you can do as you please:

https://www.swiftmigrationaustralia.com/2-year-work-requirement-to-avoid-visa-cancellation/

So, it all comes down to your relationship with your current employer.  Do they like you? Do you like them?

33 minutes ago, Mon0309 said:

Is it really worth it to risk you PR for another role?? 

From  what I read, you are not risking your Permanent Residence. In the link above it says, and I'm paraphrasing as I can't copy and paste it, "Once you  have the visa you have permanent residency rights and there is nothing legally enforceable to make you stay with the same employer for two years" (The employer can "let you go" too.

But quitting the employer who sponsored you might not be right "ethically" (if that is the right term). I don't know if that is a valid consideration of course.

On the other hand, this website says there ARE circumstances in which you can lose that 186 visa so perhaps you are right after all!?

https://visaone.com.au/ens-186-visa-happens-leave-employer-get-pr/