Doctor looking for visa sponsorship

R Fatima

3 hours ago, R Fatima said:

Hi 

I am an international doctor currently in Australia on a tourist visa. How difficult is it to find a sponsor to gain working rights??

You're ideally placed to find out!

Seriously though, as anywhere, a lot is going to depend on your CV, specialty and where you want to work. You're unlikely to get sponsorship without working somewhere first.

Having said that, if you don't ask: you never get...

If you are on a tourist visa is there a possibility of a "no further stay", if so would this be an issue. Also I gather covid would not be an issue to leave australia, and applying offshore (entering a different story) how much time is left on the visa to get all in place and if looking for work is allowed. (If I went through customs on a tourist visa and was asked why are you here and replied on holiday and to look for work would they be OK with that) 

Lots of variables to consider, that's why consulting a MARA like Westly is the best option as suggested. 

6 hours ago, R Fatima said:

I am an international doctor currently in Australia on a tourist visa. How difficult is it to find a sponsor to gain working rights??

Are you registered to practice in Australia?   Employers can't judge whether you are qualified to practice here, so they will not consider you for a role until you are registered.

12 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Are you registered to practice in Australia?   Employers can't judge whether you are qualified to practice here, so they will not consider you for a role until you are registered.

Hi Marisawright,

I have my provisional registration done.

13 hours ago, Southlander said:

If you are on a tourist visa is there a possibility of a "no further stay", if so would this be an issue. Also I gather covid would not be an issue to leave australia, and applying offshore (entering a different story) how much time is left on the visa to get all in place and if looking for work is allowed. (If I went through customs on a tourist visa and was asked why are you here and replied on holiday and to look for work would they be OK with that) 

Lots of variables to consider, that's why consulting a MARA like Westly is the best option as suggested. 

Hi,

I haven’t got the “no further stay” condition on my visa and my tourist visa was granted as was looking to give my AMC MCQ part 1 and had also enrolled for the training for part2 but due to COVID the clinicals were cancelled and wouldn’t start until February 2021. My current visa is about to expire in the last week on January 2021.

12 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Hi

Yes I have got my limited registration, since couldn’t give my part 2 due to COVID. 

23 hours ago, R Fatima said:

Hi

Yes I have got my limited registration, since couldn’t give my part 2 due to COVID. 

The difficulty from a visa point of view is that sentence should really read "No, I have got my limited registration...".

If your visa expires at the end of January I think you're going to need another plan as you'd be very lucky to get things in place to allow you to stay in the time available. Hope you get something sorted out.