Seniors

Hopefully

I submitted my application for  citizenship mid October.... a couple of weeks ago received a request for additional information which I’ve submitted....my status is now further assessment....with not having to undertake the citizenship test is this a positive sign....is anyone else in a similar situation 

It is neither positive or negative. It simply means that you have provided further information and the application status is "further assessment". 

If all is in order, the next step will be to receive an invitation for an interview and test.

Processing times for Citizenship are notoriously erratic so you could be invited soon or in 12 months time.

1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

But I don’t have to take the test as I’m well over 59yrs.

hence my question......

We weren’t asked for any additional information when we applied, so sorry can’t help with that. we didn’t need to take the test due to age. My acceptance letter came through quite quickly, but my husband’s took 2 weeks longer which was illogical. Hope it gets sorted out. 

3 hours ago, Hopefully said:

As a matter of interest how long did you have to wait, I submitted my application October this year

I’ve seen it can take between 15/28 months but that’s taking in the time needed to arrange the citizenship test 

We applied in May this year, Sunshine. Coast, Qld, heard back about 10 weeks later, citizenship ceremony again about 10 weeks later.