189 Visa on 85 point

Chinny

2 hours ago, Chinny said:

Hi, 

I am a Registered Nurse with 85 points, currently on WHV. I was wondering if it’s worth me putting my application through with 85 points. I heard they are only inviting people with 90 points. 

You won’t know unless you try. Invites are few and far between at the moment but the points threshold has become less predictable. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chinny said:

Hi, 

I am a Registered Nurse with 85 points, currently on WHV. I was wondering if it’s worth me putting my application through with 85 points. I heard they are only inviting people with 90 points. 

That is true - in fact it's more like 95 points, and right now, they're hardly inviting anyone.

The good news is that as a nurse, you are in a priority occupation.  I suggest booking a consultation with Paul to work out your best strategy.   You might be better off finding a hospital to sponsor you, but Paul will know.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chinny said:

Hi, 

I'd do it asap and do a 190 application for the state you want to be in at the same time. Your hope is that somewhere specifically wants you - if not Australia as a whole for the 189 then the state that you want might for a 190. The EOI costs you nothing to do - roll the dice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...