Skilled Assessment

FionaThi

Hi, I am currently waiting for my final results after my 3 years of Bachelor of Medical and Radiation Physics course at UOW. I am not qualified to apply to ACPSEM. I have a brief glance at the conversion here on this website, I wonder if anyone has the experience of applying through VETASSESS for the Physicist occupation under my course before? Thank you! 

I haven't had any work experience during my years of studies, and so what other options do you think I have if you have been in my situations before? My visa is ending soon, like 2 months! What do we suggest? Thank you and stay safe. 

P.S. What should I do if financially my family and I could not afford to continue to support my education here in Australia, then would scholarship be an ideal way (i am not a high achieving student but I am trying after many years of struggling)? Should I feel bad for going home after all this trying to make things work?  

Physicist (ANZSCO Code 234914)

This occupation requires a qualification assessed as comparable to the education level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor Degree or higher degree and in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to the above, it is essential for applicants to meet the following employment criteria:

• at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level,
  • undertaken in the last five years,
  • working 20 hours or more per week, and
  • highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

Please note in order to achieve a successful Skills Assessment Outcome, a positive assessment for both qualifications and employment is required.

Applicants with qualifications and employment as a 234914 Medical Physicist wishing to be assessed for GSM purposes are advised that this occupation is assessed by the Australian College of Physical Scientists and Engineers in Medicine (ACPSEM).

A Physicist studies matter, space, time, energy and fields and the interrelationship between these physical phenomena to further understanding of the laws governing the behaviour of the universe, and seeks to apply these laws to solve practical problems and discover new information about the earth and the universe (ANZSCO).     

Highly relevant fields of study would include a major focus in Physics, the study of the laws that govern physical systems.

Thank you wrussell for this information! 🙂

I have read this info online both on IMMI and VETASSESS and i am still looking for another way that could dodge the experience part! but looks like i should have looked for one in my Uni years 🙂 Thank you! Stay safe.

Edited by FionaThi

6 hours ago, FionaThi said:

Thank you, I'll give that a go and are there any chances that you have the direct link to the one that you use if any chance you have been through this situation?

Thank you 🙂

I suggest that you contact Westly himself. Click the link in his signature...