Parley

Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

Did you buy anything.

I just had a weak moment and ordered myself a new 65 inch LG OLED TV.

I feel a bit guilty for some reason.

I want it all, and I want it now.

No I didn't even go looking.  There's nothing we need.

Enjoy your new telly.  😄

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Parley said:

Did you buy anything.

Don’t feel guilty, it sounds lovely. Enjoy.

• Thanks 1

I didn't - most of the sales are no better than what you can get at other times and the things we really wanted weren't on sale anyway.  I should probably have bought another bag of dog food yesterday though as it was on special and I'm going to need one in the next few days.

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.

Dale Carnegie – 1888-1955, Author and Lecturer

48 minutes ago, NicF said:

I didn't - most of the sales are no better than what you can get at other times and the things we really wanted weren't on sale anyway.  I should probably have bought another bag of dog food yesterday though as it was on special and I'm going to need one in the next few days.

Me too. Petbarn had a special but they have them every other month anyway.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Parley said:

Did you buy anything.

At least you bought a genuine OLED, and not one of the Samsung QLED’s which aren’t as good.  

• Like 1

Not spent a cent on anything except petrol and food in the last 9 months, but just moved house so splashed out on a 75" Sony 9500,  mesh Wifi6,  Eufycams,  firepit, ironbark table, a 65000BTU outdoor wok burner, and a new weber.  Got some quite hefty discounts, and it pumps money back into the system.

• Like 1

Matt Hancock on TV, crying like the stepfather appealing for the return of the daughter he knows is buried under the garage floor.

•  

16 hours ago, Bulya said:

At least you bought a genuine OLED, and not one of the Samsung QLED’s which aren’t as good.  

One thing is sure. It will be a lot better than my current 40 inch 10 year old Toshiba.

I have been watching some videos on Youtube. The QLED is apparantly brighter but the LG OLED is highly rated too.

It is currently sitting in its box waiting for the installers to come and hang it on my wall. They are so busy i have to wait a week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Parley said:

One thing is sure. It will be a lot better than my current 40 inch 10 year old Toshiba.

I have been watching some videos on Youtube. The QLED is apparantly brighter but the LG OLED is highly rated too.

It is currently sitting in its box waiting for the installers to come and hang it on my wall. They are so busy i have to wait a week.

LG OLED CX is the top choice for pretty much everything, far better than the QLED's which is also pretty good.  

Matt Hancock on TV, crying like the stepfather appealing for the return of the daughter he knows is buried under the garage floor.

•  

1 hour ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

LG OLED CX is the top choice for pretty much everything, far better than the QLED's which is also pretty good.  

I have bought the LG OLED GX, slightly better than CX. Same panel but thin all over and more powerful sound.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parley said:

You want Santa to bring you a drill.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

3 hours ago, unzippy said:

What did you go for?

I had a few clay chimineas back in the UK, some cracked and some lasted the distance.

I'm eyeing up one of these - https://chiminea.com.au/ProductCart/pc/Cast_Iron_Outdoor_Heaters_Fireplaces

Pretty pricey but should last for ever being cast iron...

https://www.firepitsdirect.com.au/collections/fire-pits/products/da-vinci-cast-iron-fire-pit-75cm-90cm

• Like 1

•  

If you want a fire pit, build one then you can cook on it in winter too. 

This is mine i built when in lockdown.. Sunday Roasts are our favorite and just dont taste as good when done in the oven...

105670052_10156906258802191_671840642001539326_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=g5JbApSS1jgAX_T6tZG&_nc_ht=scontent.fbne6-1.fna&oh=7bc2799bae8e62d670f7ec91a7a99239&oe=5FECEB9B

105287950_10156906258827191_1647672271391443524_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=emDUmWhUuU8AX-u5-3p&_nc_ht=scontent.fbne6-1.fna&oh=0d4fc9558e2b375f2b8c557c3c042399&oe=5FEEF42D

• Like 1

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

The installer is on his way.

So excited. Sick of looking at a huge cardboard box for the last week.

• Like 1

On 08/12/2020 at 03:11, Parley said:

The installer is on his way.

So excited. Sick of looking at a huge cardboard box for the last week.

Are you pleased with your new toy @Parley  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

Are you pleased with your new toy @Parley  

It is awesome Tulip. I love it.

Santa was very generous this year.

• Like 3

On 02/12/2020 at 10:51, calNgary said:

If you want a fire pit, build one then you can cook on it in winter too. 

This is mine i built when in lockdown.. Sunday Roasts are our favorite and just dont taste as good when done in the oven...

105670052_10156906258802191_671840642001539326_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=g5JbApSS1jgAX_T6tZG&_nc_ht=scontent.fbne6-1.fna&oh=7bc2799bae8e62d670f7ec91a7a99239&oe=5FECEB9B

105287950_10156906258827191_1647672271391443524_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=emDUmWhUuU8AX-u5-3p&_nc_ht=scontent.fbne6-1.fna&oh=0d4fc9558e2b375f2b8c557c3c042399&oe=5FEEF42D

Are you sure you laid those bricks the right way round?

15 hours ago, simmo said:

Are you sure you laid those bricks the right way round?

If you were doing a retaining wall or something they would go the other way, i just liked the look of them this way.

Cal x

• Like 1

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

1 hour ago, calNgary said:

If you were doing a retaining wall or something they would go the other way, i just liked the look of them this way.

Cal x

I think it looks lovely.