Age and finance

Karl D

Hi, 

new to forum, we have 2 grown up children ( one a citizen and the other permanent resident just about to become a citizen ) and now a new grandson, so we’ve gone for it and applied for a 143 visa which was received in September. I expect a long wait, and that’s no issue for us, we travel down there twice a year anyway but do the following have ANY bearing on the time in the queue?

1) our ages, we are 51 and 57- is that looked upon more favourably than being retiree age?

2) finances, we’ve been lucky and have a fairly substantial sum to come with

does any of that move you up the queue?

just curious, thanks for any help.

29 minutes ago, Karl D said:

thanks for the reply

That’s fine, we are in for the long wait.

Booked to get down there in April and again at Christmas, hopefully borders / vaccines will allow for that. 

I think you’ll be lucky to get there in April but it may be possible.  Unless you have high risk medical conditions it’s unlikely you’ll have the vaccine by then. I’m within your age gap and I’m third from the bottom of the queue it seems. They hope to do all the vulnerable people by Easter and the rest to follow in order of conditions/age. I am waiting to get out there on holiday after my trip was cancelled this year but I wouldn’t be booking for April as I think it’s unlikely to be that quick. It would be nice if it is though.  

Sadly there’s no queue jumping and the wait times are now crazy. 

19 minutes ago, Karl D said:

Hi,

im booked with Qatar airways for April (I’ve moved it three times already ) so you are probably right that we won’t make that trip. Hopefully by Christmas we can get down there.

Yes I’m very hopeful it will be sometime next year. I’d be surprised if it’s not subject to the vaccine getting approval.  I too have a grandchild born this year I’ve yet to meet so fingers crossed. 

• Congratulations 2