Your one word that separates the UK from Australia

Red Rose

On 22/12/2020 at 01:49, MARYROSE02 said:

Well, you could have lived in say, a terrace house in Surry Hills, Sydney, with, yes a tin roof (but not not the Nissen hut/ramshackle hen coop one associates the word in the UK) ornate ironwork and balconies unlike anything I've ever seen in the UK.

Or lived on a beach as I am doing now, looking up briefly from my keyboard to watch the waves pound on the sand.

What made you pick the place you describe? Needs must?  Have you moved back to live in a tower block in a "scheme?" 

Naw....we bought a modern country home with land on it, we have animals, growing our own food, next are chickens, pigs some goats and a few sheep quad bike and trailer once fully retired. Want to get into cheese making. We’re up on a hill overlooking a beautiful village gently rolling landscape of green fields hills and a pineforest. Not a tower block in sight.  

2 hours ago, Home and Happy said:

Naw....we bought a modern country home with land on it, we have animals, growing our own food, next are chickens, pigs some goats and a few sheep quad bike and trailer once fully retired. Want to get into cheese making. We’re up on a hill overlooking a beautiful village gently rolling landscape of green fields hills and a pineforest. Not a tower block in sight.  

I've always wanted to make cheese.

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

There's a big carp fishing movement in Australia too. Poms and South Africans. 

There is no comparison to barramundi,  yellowbelly, or the murray cod, which are premium sportfish. 
I have seen a quality river, the NSW Barwon River deteriorate from a navigable waterway to a series of mud holes due to the crap.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, calNgary said:

What do you mean by an underground thing?

Her in QLD they have competitions etc for who can catch the most as they want them out of the waterways.

Cal x

People catch them and return them for sport..They don't believe they are harmful. They don't advertise it though as they know it's frowned upon. 

"Holy carp! Perth's urban fishers take to the drains" https://amp.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/holy-carp-perths-urban-fishers-take-to-the-drains-20141126-11ulqd.html

I believe the Eastern species are thought to  cause more problems. 

Edited by HappyHeart
  • Sad 1