RFI for non existent birth certificate - partner visa

d4ftpunk

Hi there, I am french citizen born oversea in a foreign country where my birth was never declared. I was only declared at the French consulate (mistake from my parents as they probably should have declared my birth to the local authorities).

Now, I have received an RFI that stipulates that I must provide this birth certificate... Problem is, this document doesn't exist. I only have my french birth certificate issued from the consulate, my birth declaration from the hospital, my health book and my french family booklet.

I am trying to contact the consulate of my birth country but they ignore me...

Is there any solution...? I have plenty of documents which prove my identity, the identity of my parents and my place of birth but not the official birth certificate from birth country. 

We are absolutely desperate, and I am paying for the mistake of my parents. Anyone that could tell us what we could do, if there is any hope possible? What happens if you cannot satisfy an RFI?

Also, I was also asked to complete the form 80. I have multiple gaps with unemployment period. Is this frowned up? 

Thanks,

. I only have my french birth certificate issued from the consulate, my birth declaration from the hospital, my health book and my french family booklet.

You need to upload these documents. Also upload a text document indicating the circumstances of your situation. This will obviously be considered within your application. If you cannot get other documents, then you cannot. But you need to upload what you have.

58 minutes ago, d4ftpunk said:

Thanks. I will submit these documents once they are translated. However the RFI stipulate that I must obtain my "original" birth certificate even if it doesn't exist.

You can only provide what you can. Do what you can, that's all you can do. 

Good luck! I'm sure you'll be fine.

• 1 month later...