starlight7

TV programmes you watch almost every day from habit

I have a few, apart from the 6 pm news. One is Eddie McGuire on 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire?'which is always on whilst I am preparing dinner. It's just sheer habit. Comforting in some way.  Another is 'Bargain hunt' from the UK- on every week night- on in the background but I usually watch the actual auction. Must have been years now... Also we tend to drop everything for Hard Quiz with Tom Gleeson- he has to be the best funny man on tv just now.

• Like 1

I can't seem to kick my Eastenders habit.

Don't know why i keep going but it keeps hooking you with story lines.

• Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

I cannot fathom how the average TV viewer in the UK often has an attraction to  the TV show Home and Away. There are Home and Away tours out of Sydney that convey starry eyed Brits up to Palm Beach (Summer Bay),  Here is a couple of fans with Alf

image.jpeg.b5e4f7b2af5c8f014ce10e274ae8e4ea.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dusty Plains said:

I cannot fathom how the average TV viewer in the UK often has an attraction to  the TV show Home and Away. There are Home and Away tours out of Sydney that convey starry eyed Brits up to Palm Beach (Summer Bay),  Here is a couple of fans with Alf

image.jpeg.b5e4f7b2af5c8f014ce10e274ae8e4ea.jpeg

I guess its like people go to Coronation Street or Emmerdale you like the shows you want to see the places in real life,, curiosity maybe?

But back on track - im a bit addicted to Naked and Afraid and the survivor type shows, we sit and binge watch a few episodes most nights.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

When we are camping in our caravan, in areas where there is no TV reception, we often watch Heartbeat episodes on DVD. There I have said it, we are indeed Heartbeat tragics.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, calNgary said:

I guess its like people go to Coronation Street or Emmerdale you like the shows you want to see the places in real life,, curiosity maybe?

Nothing better to do morelike. I bet they spend a fortune on tat as well

Matt Hancock on TV, crying like the stepfather appealing for the return of the daughter he knows is buried under the garage floor.

•  

15 hours ago, Parley said:

I can't seem to kick my Eastenders habit.

Don't know why i keep going but it keeps hooking you with story lines.

That’s not good, keep trying.

One of my daughters watches those house building programs,especially the uk ones. I can’t stand them, personally . Sometimes I watch The Voice when it is on but mostly not keen on those talent things. Especially the American and British ones. Awful.