Approved air carrier for 2 cats

Osado7774

Hello everyone! 

I am planning to take 2 flights with my two lovely cats. I did some research and Stefanplast Gulliver Touring carrier looks like a decent choice. It can even be split in two parts to give some personal space for each cat. It seems to be very big though. https://www.stefanplast.it/en-us/products/pet/pet-carriers/gulliver-touring/gulliver-touring-cm-80/gulliver-touring-cm-80

Our vet said that cats feel safer in smaller spaces, so now I am a bit worried this carrier is slightly too big.

Has anyone ever transported 2 cats in our carrier before ? What’s the best way to do it? 

Cats live together and get along well. 

Thank you all! ☺️

Guest The Pom Queen

Are the flights international or domestic? 
‘Personally, although a lovely crate which I’d be happy to use in the car with me, I think the Gulliver is too open. Cats prefer to feel enclosed. Over here we tend to use the PP Crates, they are IATA approved and have a raised floor so that if they have a pee they aren’t sat in it for the rest of the flight. 
‘A PP30 would be fine for one cat, but take a look here for a size guide http://www.petspantry.com.au/size-chart-pp-iata-airline-approved-pet-carriers

As for travelling together, check with the airline and if travelling from overseas check with quarantine to see if they are happy with that. 
@BobPetairUK may know more about two cats flying together. 

Guest The Pom Queen
2 minutes ago, Osado7774 said:

Hi @The Pom Queen

Thank you. PP crates looks great. It’s such a lovely idea to have a raised floor. I couldn’t find any alternative to this in the UK unfortunately. Maybe I can do some DIY 🤔

I think @BobPetairUK makes crates. It may be worthwhile asking him.