Jump to content
Parley

Laurence Fox

Recommended Posts

This interview came up in my recommended list for Youtube.

The interviewer John Anderson is the former Deputy Prime Minister of Australia.

I do like Laurence. He is articulate and talks sense.

The Conservative Party should recruit him.

 

 

  • Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was John Anderson a National Party Man? Would be pretty conservative if so.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

Was John Anderson a National Party Man? Would be pretty conservative if so.

Yes, he was Leader of the Nationals.  Much brighter than the last few drongos they've had as leaders.  🙄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

Was John Anderson a National Party Man? Would be pretty conservative if so.

Yes. When the Coalition is in power the Deputy PM is always the leader of the National Party


I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Parley said:

This interview came up in my recommended list for Youtube.

The interviewer John Anderson is the former Deputy Prime Minister of Australia.

I do like Laurence. He is articulate and talks sense.

The Conservative Party should recruit him.

 

 

You like a Pom? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, simmo said:

I make him right here.

 

Is he saying they are men for not taking the knee, as in it’s up to them and they shouldn’t feel they have to.  That’s how I read it and how it should be. Do it if you want to but don’t be a coward and do it because you think it’s what’s expected of you. I may have read it wrong though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

Is he saying they are men for not taking the knee, as in it’s up to them and they shouldn’t feel they have to.  That’s how I read it and how it should be. Do it if you want to but don’t be a coward and do it because you think it’s what’s expected of you. I may have read it wrong though.

Yes. I think so. Actually he mentions it in the interview.

He says men only take a knee for 2 reasons. To propose to their girlfriend or get knighted by the Queen.


I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Parley said:

Yes. I think so. Actually he mentions it in the interview.

He says men only take a knee for 2 reasons. To propose to their girlfriend or get knighted by the Queen.

I like that, what a lovely answer. I have no problem with people doing it if they want to but sadly far too many have done it because they think it’s what’s expected of them. There’s no way that all those sports men/police across the globe woke up one day and thought, I know what, I’ll take the knee today. I expect what happened was it was mentioned in the changing rooms/office as something that would be the right/expected thing to do and that’s what happened.  Good on those that stood firm and didn’t follow the crowd.  That doesn’t mean they have any less respect for lives, they just don’t have a need to make a show about it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

I like that, what a lovely answer. I have no problem with people doing it if they want to but sadly far too many have done it because they think it’s what’s expected of them. There’s no way that all those sports men/police across the globe woke up one day and thought, I know what, I’ll take the knee today. 

How do you know?  


Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

How do you know?  

I don’t for sure but the chances are very slim. Do you think they all woke up wanting to do it? Not many ‘everyday’  people out of the limelight did it. I didn’t, no one at my work place did and no one I know did. I never saw anyone do it in any other setting, only those that were in the limelight, on tv, police, sports teams etc.  In contrast, I heard many say they wouldn’t do it.  I can’t imagine they all sat eating their breakfast thinking I can’t wait to take the knee today. Some would no doubt but based on me not knowing or seeing one person do it off tv/a certain stage I’d say the chances of them all wanting to is unlikely. We know too often people fall in line because it looks good/it’s expected.  Sucking up to the boss and telling them what they want to hear/doing what you think they want to see is common practice, I doubt this was any different to many situations, just a case of do what you think they want and expect.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and they will be bullied if they don't do it.


I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×