457 Transit visa to 190, leaving

VivianW

Hello, 

I need advise for visa and leaving country and waiting offshore.

I am currently holding a 457 visa which will expiry 2021, occupation: accountant, location Perth. I have applied 190 visa in June 2020, the bridging visa is not active as my current 457 visa still valid. For this situation, can I leave Australia on my 457 visa or do I have to cancel 457 visa first and apply a bridging visa to leave the country? Can I also waiting for 190 visa grant offshore?

Thank you very much!

49 minutes ago, VivianW said:

Hello, 

I need advise for visa and leaving country and waiting offshore.

I am currently holding a 457 visa which will expiry 2021, occupation: accountant, location Perth. I have applied 190 visa in June 2020, the bridging visa is not active as my current 457 visa still valid. For this situation, can I leave Australia on my 457 visa or do I have to cancel 457 visa first and apply a bridging visa to leave the country? Can I also waiting for 190 visa grant offshore?

Thank you very much!

This is a more complex question that it seems. If your 457 is cancelled, your bridging visa will be cancelled as well. I suggest getting some professional advice to understand how all this works. 

• Like 1