starlight7

The Crown

Anyone watching 'The Crown?' part 4 . We are enjoying it but have to say the 'Australian' scenery is unconvincing- you can tell a mile off it isn't really filmed here. Wrong lighting, wrong vegetation etc.

Apparantly the Queen's salute on the horse was no good.

I want it all, and I want it now.

Don't remember that bit. The actress that plays Diana is good. Wouldn't want to be part of their family however much money they have. I really don't 'get' why we bother with them here apart from curiosity. They do make for a good tv series but then I guess so would Donald Trump!

17 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

Don't remember that bit. The actress that plays Diana is good. Wouldn't want to be part of their family however much money they have. I really don't 'get' why we bother with them here apart from curiosity. They do make for a good tv series but then I guess so would Donald Trump!

2020-11-17_15-35-31.jpg

I've only watched Season 1 ages ago on DVD.

A mate has given me his Netflix login and I've given him my Amazon Prime so I think I start again at Season 1

• Like 1

Try The Queen's Gambit. It is good. About a chess girl prodigy in the 1960's. Only 7 episodes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Parley said:

Try The Queen's Gambit. It is good. About a chess girl prodigy in the 1960's. Only 7 episodes.

Enjoyed it Parley. The girl had a certain quality about her that just made her interesting. Nice storyline.

I think we have to remember that The Crown is made for television and not a true account of what went on. I heard a couple of presenters talking on ABC radio about it yesterday as if it's all factual, saying we've never been privvy to conversations between the queen and Margaret Thatcher before. We aren't now, it's made for TV and I'm sure a lot is just made up for entertainments sake.

We'll watch it though I'm sure.

• Like 1

Gillian Anderson has nailed Thatcher's voice, and looks good too. Good casting.

On 17/11/2020 at 04:38, Parley said:

Yes we were watching that as well- it is a bit different , good story. Even looked her up to see if she was a real person but it was just good fiction. I prefer it when they only have a few episodes, don't like the American series that go on and on forever.

Gillian Anderson is "trying too hard". She's obviously put a lot of work into studying Thatcher but is well over the top when illustrating her voice and mannerisms. It's the same with Prince Philip and Charles who's mannerisms are also over-emphasised. Cannot deny though, it's a good bit of fiction, probably because most folk subconsciously think it's fact and that it mirrors how most folk see them.

• Like 2

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

Yes Thatcher is a bit of a caricature, most of them are. I like the Diane one but her head dipping and looking under her fringe is a bit overdone,too.