Jump to content
MB83

Visa medical reassurance

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

Bit of short notice, but we have our visa medicals on Friday and I'm looking really for some reassurances! We are already in Melbourne. 

My husband and I are both well and relatively healthy, no underlying conditions etc. However we have gained some COVID kilos! We're a little bit worried about this and wonder if they could fail us just based on our weight or if it would have to be something more significant than that? 

Really appreciate any thoughts, considerations and guidance. 

Thanks so much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, MB83 said:

Hi everyone,

Bit of short notice, but we have our visa medicals on Friday and I'm looking really for some reassurances! We are already in Melbourne. 

My husband and I are both well and relatively healthy, no underlying conditions etc. However we have gained some COVID kilos! We're a little bit worried about this and wonder if they could fail us just based on our weight or if it would have to be something more significant than that? 

Really appreciate any thoughts, considerations and guidance. 

Thanks so much. 

Are you morbidly obese? If not then I would imagine you'll be fine!

ps contrary to popular belief COVID doesn't actually contain Calories!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MB83 said:

Hi everyone,

Bit of short notice, but we have our visa medicals on Friday and I'm looking really for some reassurances! We are already in Melbourne. 

My husband and I are both well and relatively healthy, no underlying conditions etc. However we have gained some COVID kilos! We're a little bit worried about this and wonder if they could fail us just based on our weight or if it would have to be something more significant than that? 

Really appreciate any thoughts, considerations and guidance. 

Thanks so much. 

It was a long time ago I had mine, 2005, but I’m lardy and it wasn’t a problem. They could be in trouble refusing people because they have an increased risk of disease only. They don’t refuse people who drink, smoke, or are from cultural backgrounds that have higher incidence of diabetes. 🤷🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a medical on Jan29th. They're still asking for more info now. They want to know my employment situation and if I went to school. Bizzare! Told them I have a rare disease (affects 1 in 300,000) but I treat it myself. Paid £85 to get medical records from the UK sent to them but still they want more info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you've not got any health issues I wouldn't worry, they are just making sure you don't cost the health system a fortune..also I disagree..according to the majority ,covid DEFINITELY contains kilos!😏 🥧🥧

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much everyone, really appreciate these insights. Not morbidly obese at all, a little chubby! Please keep us in your thoughts on Friday! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might have paid to have taken professional advice about the required format of a medical report.


Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @wrussell I have received advice from our agent but wanted to come here to see if anyone had any helpful insights. 

All went well this morning, nothing to worry about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have engaged the services of a registered migration agent, there little point in posting on a public forum. 

  • Like 2

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MB83 said:

Thanks @wrussell I have received advice from our agent but wanted to come here to see if anyone had any helpful insights. 

All went well this morning, nothing to worry about. 

Good to hear. You can celebrate with some beers and pies tonight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/11/2020 at 16:01, ozuk said:

I had a medical on Jan29th. They're still asking for more info now. They want to know my employment situation and if I went to school. Bizzare! Told them I have a rare disease (affects 1 in 300,000) but I treat it myself. Paid £85 to get medical records from the UK sent to them but still they want more info.

They usually request a specialist report/review.  


I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/11/2020 at 12:49, MB83 said:

Thanks so much everyone, really appreciate these insights. Not morbidly obese at all, a little chubby! Please keep us in your thoughts on Friday! 

Hope everything went well and you are one step closer


If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×