189 visa on 75 points?

Sunny20

Hi

Currently on TSS visa (18mths remaining) working full-time in medical post onshore in role which is on priority list.   Partner also doctor and on priority list.  Finally jumped through the many hoops required for full registration on AHPRA register.  We score 75 on 189 having just dropped points for age.  

2 queries

A - in completing the employment history outside Australia is it best to consider maternity leave as being equivalent to being unemployed? - 75 pts based on this assumption.

B - Is it worth putting application through with 75 pts.

Thanks

10 hours ago, Sunny20 said:

Hi

Currently on TSS visa (18mths remaining) working full-time in medical post onshore in role which is on priority list.   Partner also doctor and on priority list.  Finally jumped through the many hoops required for full registration on AHPRA register.  We score 75 on 189 having just dropped points for age.  

2 queries

A - in completing the employment history outside Australia is it best to consider maternity leave as being equivalent to being unemployed? - 75 pts based on this assumption.

B - Is it worth putting application through with 75 pts.

Thanks

I would go with it and apply now with 75 points asap. 

It is certainly worth applying in the current climate. However, if you have a job and like where you are then might just as well apply for a 190. We are in last stages of 190 now in the same situation.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sunny20 said:

I wasn’t eligible for last 190 as AHPRA so slow.  190 would be perfect as we are regional QLD and hope to stay as I’ve family here. 

fingers crossed they will reopen. 

Good luck with 190.

I'd make sure you have everything ready to go for when the 190 window opens up again. They weren't super strict with the 24hr notice but some of the requirements were a bit unexpected. You'll need an HR letter or copy of your contract if you're permanent and a couple of pay slips. I also got a supporting reference from my boss. You'll probably have the rest of the stuff they need. There's quite a bit of stuff to write in the commitment statement when you submit to BSMQ.

The other piece of advice I'd give is put a bit of thought into your covering email. I'd say they almost certainly read this.

• 3 weeks later...