Osado7774

Travel with a Bengal cat from unregistered litter

Hi everyone!

I live in the UK and I got my Bengal kitty (Shaki) in the UK also. I bought her as a domestic pet a couple of years ago.

I decided to move back to Russia,  and then to Canada. I was advised that in order for me to travel with Shaki I would require a pedigree certificate proving that my cat is F5 Bengal. 
I have a copy of my cat's mother’s TICA certificate and a copy of a sales receipt indicating my cat’s microchip and that the mother cat's owner was also the seller. I also have my cat’s first vet’s certificate of vaccination that shows my cat’s microchip number and previous owner’s details. 
I only have a name of Shaki’s father as the previous owners are not in touch with the owners of my cat’s father anymore. To the best of my knowledge he is also a pedigree F5 Bengal cat. 
Shaki is from an unregistered litter and was sold to me under condition of never using her for breeding. She is currently neutered. 

Can someone, please, please, please, advise how to act in such situation as I cannot move back to Russia without my cat? 

IMG_9781 2.jpg

Are you wanting to come here to Australia or to Russia with your Bengal? 
‘Unfortunately it is hard to prove any parentage without a pedigree.  From the photo she is definitely a Bengal so it isn’t as though you could say she was a cross because quarantine would know. 

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Just a quick one do you have the pedigree name of the father? 

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

I was trying to search the forums for any information regarding this topic and came across this topic discussed here a couple of years ago. I thought I could give it a go. I am moving to Russia at the moment, but most likely will soon move to either Canada or Australia to continue studies. (If my cat is allowed with me of course). 

The father’s name is Crixous, and he is a pedigree Bengal. 

I got in touch with TICA but they are requesting father’s pedigree details. Unfortunately, I don’t have any contact with the owners of Crixous, and as my Shaki is of unregistered litter, I am not sure how to proceed. 

Thank you very much for responding!

I don’t know what they are like when importing to Russia. You could try asking them direct or see if they would accept a statutory declaration. What breeder did you buy your girl from, although if she wasn’t registered it’s still not going to provide you with a paper trail. 
I don’t know what part of the UK you are from but it may be worth while asking a breed judge at a cat show to write you a letter, maybe also a vet.  From the photos she definitely doesn’t look to be an EG. However, Russia may not accept that. 

Thank you very much indeed for your advice 🙏

I did some research, so it looks like TICA certificate is only needed if the cat is transported as cargo. 

6 minutes ago, Osado7774 said:

Thank you very much indeed for your advice 🙏

I did some research, so it looks like TICA certificate is only needed if the cat is transported as cargo. 

How else would you transport her?

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Cabin or hold

I will however register her with TICA as a domestic neutered cat. TICA representative said this option should work since the ancestry is not confirmed. 

26 minutes ago, Osado7774 said:

Cabin or hold

I will however register her with TICA as a domestic neutered cat. TICA representative said this option should work since the ancestry is not confirmed. 

Isn't "hold" cargo?  Are there any airlines that still allow pets to fly in the cabin?

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Maybe I phrased it in a wrong way. There are 3 ways to transport pets. 

1. Cabin. Many airlines allow pets in the cabin. But there is a limit to 1 pet per person. There is also a limit to the size and the weight of the pet. That’s how I used to travel with my pet normally.

2. Hold. I haven’t done this before. It will be my first time because I have 2 cats now. As far as I understand I need to provide all the paperwork for my cats during checkin, then take the carrier(s) to oversize luggage desk. Then my pets will be taken to the aircraft hold. 

3. Cargo. You need to take you pet to the cargo terminal. There is quite a process as far as I heard involving pet insurance and a tonne of paperwork involved.