UK citizenship for child for MN1

Athena

Hi,

I am looking to apply for UK citizenship for my daughters. My husband and I are both British by decent, not birth, so they don't automatically qualify for UK passports, hence the need to apply. I have read up that it is form MN1 section 3.2 that fits their circumstances.

Does anyone have any recommendations; should I do this application myself or go with a visa company.

And, any recommendations on good visa companies that assist with UK applications.

Thanks.

Replying to my own post here, incase anyone else is in a similar situation.  I have found out from a visa agent, I don't need to apply for citizenship for my children, they are citizens automatically. I am not british by decent as my husband is, but by naturalisation. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hi @Athena, congrats on finding out you're naturalised and I hope 2 years on your kids have the passport and future freedom of choice!

I see you've visited the forums recently, so hoping you see this.

I have the opposite problem.. thought I was naturalised, but turns out I was registered same day as my Dad naturalised (we'd been in the UK for 6 years at that point).  That was a few hundred pounds of application fee wasted to be told I was in the wrong category.. doh.

May I ask who your visa agent was you consulted? 

I need one who has a good working knowledge of the categories for application, as I'm 90% sure my kids are eligible, but my family history is tricky (mum was british citizen from a young age - but born in a british colony in africa pre-independence, and her mum was british-born), and so an expert may be needed to deal with it.