PCC for Citizenship

path2aus

We have applied for Citizenship already and the immigration has asked for PCC for my wife yesterday which we are trying to arrange now. We lived in the US for 4 years after we obtained our PR and we know that we need to get the PCC from USA. The question we have though is that we left US in 2016 (November) and had to apply for FBI clearance for our daughters Child Visa. We have never been to US since then. Is it okay to submit that clearance now? We are going to apply to the clearance anyways but checking if that works. Logically it makes sense as you can only be fingerprinted for a crime if you are living in that country but again logic does not apply to immigration much. Anyone has any idea? We will be visiting the local police station tomorrow anyways to be fingerprinted.

Thanks. 

7 hours ago, path2aus said:

We have applied for Citizenship already and the immigration has asked for PCC for my wife yesterday which we are trying to arrange now. We lived in the US for 4 years after we obtained our PR and we know that we need to get the PCC from USA. The question we have though is that we left US in 2016 (November) and had to apply for FBI clearance for our daughters Child Visa. We have never been to US since then. Is it okay to submit that clearance now? We are going to apply to the clearance anyways but checking if that works. Logically it makes sense as you can only be fingerprinted for a crime if you are living in that country but again logic does not apply to immigration much. Anyone has any idea? We will be visiting the local police station tomorrow anyways to be fingerprinted.

Thanks. 

When you applied your citizenship

• 1 month later...

Okay just an update regarding the police clearance certificate. We applied the FBI clearance via their online application and got it within 3 weeks. Below are the steps if anyone is interested.

This is only for people who aren't citizens or green card holders but stayed and worked in the US.

1. Go to the FBI site and choose the online application 

2. Fill out the details as per the form

3. Choose to mail in your finger prints

4. An electronic copy of the results will be sent to you but there is an option to get a physical copy. You can choose it if you want. Not sure if they will mail overseas. 

5. Pay the fee online and submit the application.

6. You will get a confirmation email which you will need to print out and send it along with the finger prints to the address mentioned in the email.

7. Download the FD-258 (Finger print card) from the FBI site and go to your local police station (or any other finger printing service) and get your finger prints taken. The Adelaide police was well aware of the process and they were very helpful with the same.

8. Send both the printed confirmation email and the finger print card via mail (Post) to the address mentioned in the email. 

9. Once the mail reaches the address, the results are sent to you in 3-5 business days.

10. The overall process took us 3 weeks from the time we filled out the form

This above process is way better than the mailing the printed out application form along with the finger printing form as that will take 6-8 weeks to get the results via post.

On 06/11/2020 at 15:59, Xyzsadia said:

Bcz i applied in april 2020 from Alice springs nt and still waiting for citizenship test

My wife's application was submitted on July 30th in Adelaide. She completed her test on 12th December and within 2 days her application has been approved. Now she is waiting for the ceremony date. My application along with my daughters was submitted on the 30th September and I don't have any contact from the immigration yet.