MuntasirJoarder

Can we apply for 804 visa while 600 is still processing?

My mum came to Australia last year for a year. And before her visa expires I applied for V600 which still in process. They gave Bridging visa A for the interim until they approve V600.

Both her kids (me and my sister) are Australian citizens. So we want to apply for Aged Parent Visa (804) while 600 visa processing is ongoing.

Can we do that?

What are the consequences?

Your response will help us. 

I would run it past an agent. But, what is the rush as the aged parent visa has a processing time of 30 years. 

17 minutes ago, MuntasirJoarder said:

Today I had a phone chat with Home Affairs. They confirmed me that, I can apply for 804 while 600 processing is ongoing.

It’s not quite that simple ... I suggest you get some professional advice on this. 

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post. 

23 hours ago, MuntasirJoarder said:

Today I had a phone chat with Home Affairs. They confirmed me that, I can apply for 804 while 600 processing is ongoing.

Never ever take advice from Home Affairs. I know that sounds odd, but the people you speak to are not experts. They are just call centre staff who have had minimum training and often provide bad / wrong answers. In the cases you get wrong replies there is no redress as the departments formal policy is you should have spoken to an agent. 

• Like 1