Singapore or Qatar

DavidIII

On 03/04/2021 at 14:20, FirstWorldProblems said:

Towards the end of the year 

I've actually got such a concern about Etihad, I ended up keeping my Qatar flight in case Etihad cancels.

There's one problem with Etihad, I bought a Business Choice class ticket, on their site it says that if they cancel, they will rebook for the same class of ticket. BUT! There are no more business choice tickets left at all on business flights, only Business Choice Plus, and they are 4k more expensive. So now, if they cancel, it will cost 16k in total, which just feels like a con. At least with Qatar, if I rebook, it doesn't matter what class of ticket it is, as long as it's still Economy they will rebook it for free.

Both Qatar and Etihad have a fair cancellation policy, if I cancel our Etihad ticket, it will only cost 90 EU per ticket, so for a 6k ticket, I'd take that's a fair refund.

Since there are so few passengers flying from Abu Dhabi to Melbourne, the chance of Etihad cancelling at this stage is 90% I would think, but looking at the empty seats on the Qatar flight, it looks like a lot more people are flying to Melbourne, so it's less likely to be cancelled. We'll see.

Edited by psuwara