easterby91

Timelines around change of duties / promotion on a 482

Hi all,

I recently received a promotion in work and as a result my title will be changing from an individual contributor to a manager. 

At the last minute I've been thrown a curveball by my employer stating that this must all change on my visa paperwork and I cannot start in the role until the changes are reflected. We will be using our work immigration lawyers to facilitate this change.

Question: Does anyone know how onerous the process is and what the approximate timelines look like?

Thank you! 

It really depends on the circumstances. 

Accredited sponsor with labour market testing exemptions or occupation on the new Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List may be very quick.

Others can take months.

Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

1 hour ago, Raul Senise said:

It really depends on the circumstances. 

Accredited sponsor with labour market testing exemptions or occupation on the new Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List may be very quick.

Others can take months.

Thanks Raul. I work for a very large multinational so I’m presuming that they may be accredited considering they sponsored and relocated me from overseas originally. 

I do know that they need to test the labour market for 28 days and also that my role is Sales and Marketing manager. Not sure what bearing that might have on timelines.