Citizenship Application Withdraw

zooki

Hi,

I am trying to find information on how to withdraw Citizenship Application.

I applied in February 2020. However, now i feel like I should reapply (there are some reasons). Can i do it? If so, how? On immi Account i don't see the withdraw option.

Anyone please help me on this.

Regards,

Zooki  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Question - I guess, like me, everyone on this thread is waiting for citizenship, so you may not know the answer. Worth asking though!

I'm currently in Melbourne and would be potentially moving soon to a different state with (probably!) less of a backlog on their testing centres. My application shows as "received" - I don't have any date for a test/interview yet.

I chatted with IMMI service line today. I asked about change of address.

The representative directed me to change my address in the online portal (under "update details" inside the application). 

I did note that changing the address doesn't change the assigned test centre or council, and asked him how the process follows from there.

The representative told me that I will contacted according to the closest test centre to my new address.

However, he didn't say whether the application would be processed sooner than it would be in Melbourne. I guess that's a complicated question to answer.

So I'm asking you - does anyone here have experience  of changing the address to another state's (or know of someone who did)?

Has that shortened your wait for an appointment?

Cheers :) 

On 25/01/2022 at 15:40, Qball said:

Question - I guess, like me, everyone on this thread is waiting for citizenship, so you may not know the answer. Worth asking though!

I'm currently in Melbourne and would be potentially moving soon to a different state with (probably!) less of a backlog on their testing centres. My application shows as "received" - I don't have any date for a test/interview yet.

I chatted with IMMI service line today. I asked about change of address.

The representative directed me to change my address in the online portal (under "update details" inside the application). 

I did note that changing the address doesn't change the assigned test centre or council, and asked him how the process follows from there.

The representative told me that I will contacted according to the closest test centre to my new address.

However, he didn't say whether the application would be processed sooner than it would be in Melbourne. I guess that's a complicated question to answer.

So I'm asking you - does anyone here have experience  of changing the address to another state's (or know of someone who did)?

Has that shortened your wait for an appointment?

Cheers :) 

Hi @Qball,

We moved interstate from a more regional town to the capital city of another state. Updated out details via the portal and our application did seem to move along quicker after the move. 
good luck to you!