Jump to content
Gannicus

Overstaying in Australia

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

I need some help and advice please. The situation at my part has folded quite weird. Please if someone can advice me;

a) I applied for my parents visa 864  by mid of Oct. They are on 600 visitor visa which is going to expire by end of this month (oct). Now, as of date, I haven't received any updates, neither the acceptance. I am very much concerned about bridging Visa  A as they might become unlawful noncitizens. I am hopeless now despite sending emails and calling immi team several times. What shall I do in this situation ? 

b) What if my parents stay beyond their date of current 600 visa expiry ? Will the department consider my lodging date and backdate the bridging visa A ? Anyone has experienced this before ? 

c) I cannot apply again the visitor visa for them as i will be granted a bridging visa for 600. If i get acceptance in the meanwhile 600 is being processed, I have no idea how the system will react here as bridging visa A for 864 wont be issued? My God this is so confusing for me

Also please if anyone on this forum who has applied 864 and received bridiging visa A , could you please share your time line how and when it was received ? Was the visa bridging received via post (on paper) or via email ? 

Would really appreciate if anyone who can help me with this. Havent got any replies from immi teams or agents too. 

Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the 600 visa have condition on saying no further stay? A lot do. If so I think you can’t apply for another visa until you’ve had that condition waived. 


143 lodged 21 June 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Linda,

I have already applied for 864 as on their 600 visa , they had no condition of "no further stay" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gannicus said:

@Alan Collett  Please if you can give your insights into this matter. Highly appreciated 

Respectfully, you decided to lodge a visa application without professional assistance - I'm not able to help in this circumstance.

Best regards.


Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you receive any acknowledgment? Was payment taken for the application?

You really need someone to examine your case in detail and expect to pay for that.


So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rammygirl said:

Did you receive any acknowledgment? Was payment taken for the application?

You really need someone to examine your case in detail and expect to pay for that.

Hi Rammygirl

Thank you for your reply. The payment is still showing credit in the immi account. Didnt receive any acknowledgement. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Respectfully, you decided to lodge a visa application without professional assistance - I'm not able to help in this circumstance.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

I do regret on this certainly but due to some worst experiences in the past, I decided not to. All I can do now is to get a little piece of help from such plate-forms. Atleast to make my nerves calm. It feels like drowning in ocean with no help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Gannicus said:

Hi Rammygirl

Thank you for your reply. The payment is still showing credit in the immi account. Didnt receive any acknowledgement. 

 

Don’t know what you mean by still showing credit.  Has the money been taken for the application or not.  If payment has not gone through then the application has not been lodged properly.


So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

Don’t know what you mean by still showing credit.  Has the money been taken for the application or not.  If payment has not gone through then the application has not been lodged properly.

Hi Rammy, 

It was a paper based application but payment made from immi account (online). It is called pre-pay payment. Its an advance payment made before lodging application. Deducted from my bank account but showing as "credit" in the immi account. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mm surely if payment has been taken it wouldn’t be showing as credit.  Did you track the post or send by courier? Are you sure they actually received the application?

When you spoke to them what did they say exactly?

 


So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

Mm surely if payment has been taken it wouldn’t be showing as credit.  Did you track the post or send by courier? Are you sure they actually received the application?

When you spoke to them what did they say exactly?

 

Yes, it was a registered post and is received by department. Its confirmed they received it. I just spoke to immi general enquires, but they are not giving me a definite reply. Telling/speaking from their own website. No-one is sure about it

I legally applied being on a valid visa for another visa. Should it be a online immi application, i would've immediately receive BVA. Now its paper based, i have no clue and no-one to help me either 😞 very frustrating now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Respectfully, you decided to lodge a visa application without professional assistance - I'm not able to help in this circumstance.

Best regards.

Why can you not give advice or help?


309 Spouse visa applied for 6th October 2020

Subclass 309 and Subclass 100 visa granted 27th November 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BigJoe said:

Why can you not give advice or help?

A professional agent is entitled to get paid for their advice. That's how they make their living.

  • Like 4

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gannicus said:

Yes, it was a registered post and is received by department. Its confirmed they received it. I just spoke to immi general enquires, but they are not giving me a definite reply. Telling/speaking from their own website. No-one is sure about it

I legally applied being on a valid visa for another visa. Should it be a online immi application, i would've immediately receive BVA. Now its paper based, i have no clue and no-one to help me either 😞 very frustrating now.

With what's at stake, I'd strongly recommend for you to involve a professional migration agent. 


143 acknowledgement 16th July 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Gannicus said:

Hi All,

I need some help and advice please. The situation at my part has folded quite weird. Please if someone can advice me;

a) I applied for my parents visa 864  by mid of Oct. They are on 600 visitor visa which is going to expire by end of this month (oct). Now, as of date, I haven't received any updates, neither the acceptance. I am very much concerned about bridging Visa  A as they might become unlawful noncitizens. I am hopeless now despite sending emails and calling immi team several times. What shall I do in this situation ? 

b) What if my parents stay beyond their date of current 600 visa expiry ? Will the department consider my lodging date and backdate the bridging visa A ? Anyone has experienced this before ? 

c) I cannot apply again the visitor visa for them as i will be granted a bridging visa for 600. If i get acceptance in the meanwhile 600 is being processed, I have no idea how the system will react here as bridging visa A for 864 wont be issued? My God this is so confusing for me

Also please if anyone on this forum who has applied 864 and received bridiging visa A , could you please share your time line how and when it was received ? Was the visa bridging received via post (on paper) or via email ? 

Would really appreciate if anyone who can help me with this. Havent got any replies from immi teams or agents too. 

Thanks in advance

Once you have successfully lodge application, then the bridging visa A should immediately come into effect when visa 600 expire. You can check status using VEVO the date after visa 600 expire to see if there is any bridging visa A in effect. If not, you can apply for bridging visa A separately https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/bridging-visa-a-010#About 

You can also apply for visa 600 again, then if you get acceptance for visa 884, just have to submit form to cancel the application for 600 before the new 600 get approve. 

Advise is only from my speculation though, not expert.

Edited by cglcb1

Visa : 186 DE

Nomination and  Visa Applied - 27 Aug 2020

Onshore : Yes

No. of applicants : 2

Role : Registered Nurse

s56 form requested and complied - 8 Sep 2020

Medical completed - 14 Sep 2020

Visa Status - Further Assessment as of 15 Sep 2020

Granted: 7 Oct 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigJoe said:

Why can you not give advice or help?

Short answer: because if an individual chooses to roll the dice and lodge an application without taking professional advice it's on his or her head if the application doesn't go as planned.

Professional advice that is worth having is worth paying for.   IMHO.

Best regards.

  • Like 2

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×