Travel Exemption HELP!

PickledRic

Hi everyone,

I’m just looking for a bit of advice on a travel exemption application I currently have open, I’ll give some background info first:

491 visa granted March 2020 based on partners skills - secondary school teacher.

Obviously corona is here and our plans to travel to Oz in September were scuppered but I’m not one to give up! 

Ive secured a job in Australia as a mental health practitioner so have applied for a travel exemption for me and my partner on the basis of critical skills. 
I supplied as much evidence as I had available at the time (it all happened quite quick).

They have since come back and asked for some more evidence, one being the contract which is no problem but the other is a supporting letter from the employer about why my partner should be exempt.

I have no idea what they are expecting an employer to say about that, does anyone have any idea what they’re looking for?

I have provided financial evidence as well which suggests we have more than enough money for a year unemployed in Australia but they still want the employer one for him?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Perhaps they want to know why a Health Practitioner is having to be employed from outside of Australia. Is it because they have been unable to find a suitable employee onshore? Is there a specific set of skills you have that they require? This is only conjecture on my part, but I would suggest these things be covered in the employers letter anyway.

• Like 1

It may be because you weren’t the primary applicant and that secondary school teachers aren’t that much in demand as a critical skill. I guess the question may also be why as a “mental health practitioner” (psychologist? Nurse? Psychiatrist?) weren’t you the primary applicant and will you be eligible for registration in your field. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PickledRic said:

Hi everyone,

I’m just looking for a bit of advice on a travel exemption application I currently have open, I’ll give some background info first:

491 visa granted March 2020 based on partners skills - secondary school teacher.

Obviously corona is here and our plans to travel to Oz in September were scuppered but I’m not one to give up! 

Ive secured a job in Australia as a mental health practitioner so have applied for a travel exemption for me and my partner on the basis of critical skills. 
I supplied as much evidence as I had available at the time (it all happened quite quick).

They have since come back and asked for some more evidence, one being the contract which is no problem but the other is a supporting letter from the employer about why my partner should be exempt.

I have no idea what they are expecting an employer to say about that, does anyone have any idea what they’re looking for?

I have provided financial evidence as well which suggests we have more than enough money for a year unemployed in Australia but they still want the employer one for him?

Thanks in advance!

Maybe ask the employer to write something regarding "Compassionate reasons". Why would a partner stay away from the other especially during this pandemic time. That's the only thing I can think of tbh.

• Like 1