Flights to Brisbane from the UK

Ray Brown

10 hours ago, Ray Brown said:

Can anyone recommend a place to buy flights for this December. I can't see much choice online,  are there going to be anymore flights released ?? Thanks

It's not about the number of flights available, it's about the cap placed on passenger arrivals by the Australian government. I believe this was raised to 1000 passengers a week for those arriving at Brisbane from 4 Oct.

Based on recent personal experience (my wife arrived in July), you should only book a flight on an airline that you can see are currently arriving at your destination airport. You should also take into account any travel restrictions in place on the airport you need to transit through to get here. Many airlines are continuing to accept bookings for flights they know they probably won't operate, as I'm sure this is helping with their cashflow (you'll probably get a refund several months later). To date, Qatar Airways has been the most reliable at getting people here. Singapore Airlines cancelled twice on us - they have a lot of restrictions in Changi Airport at the moment.

https://www.bne.com.au/passenger/flights/arrivals-departures

5 hours ago, Ray Brown said:

Thanks so much for this, I have reserved flights with Qatar and you have put my mind at ease.. 

You're welcome. Unfortunately whichever airline you're with there's a possibility that you might still get bumped off the flight at the airport, so I'd have a Plan B, just in case. I don't think flights are being overbooked now like they were when the caps were first introduced, so it's less of a problem. Anyway, the best of luck - I bet you can't wait to get out of the UK?!

Good luck with the flights.  I'm sitting here very depressed in the UK today because a year ago today I arrived in Brisbane and was driving North to Noosa for 10 days.  I might be heading to Adelaide to live, but I'm looking forward to being that much closer to one of my favorite parts of Australia.  Good luck with the flights 🙂

• Like 2

I think we're all hoping our flights get us there right now, but I won't believe we're on the way until the plane leaves the runway at Heathrow.  You've chosen a lovely part of Australia to live and once we've settled in Adelaide my wife's already blocked out Easter at Noosa to start the search for a holiday home there.

9 hours ago, DavidIII said:

I think we're all hoping our flights get us there right now, but I won't believe we're on the way until the plane leaves the runway at Heathrow.  You've chosen a lovely part of Australia to live and once we've settled in Adelaide my wife's already blocked out Easter at Noosa to start the search for a holiday home there.

If you love it up here then why not live up here? Most people can work remotely these days, and there's much better infrastructure on the SC than there used to be.

• Like 2