Protocol when contacting agents

FMH

We have recently lodged a contributory parent sc 143 application. Subsequently via this forum we’ve now become aware of the very long wait ( probably 10 years).

Is it acceptable if I now want to make enquiries with other agents regarding our eligibility for the Investor visa 188 b?

Also can one apply for 2 different visas using 2 different agents if that is the route we decide to go? Thanks for any advice - don’t want to break any rules or protocol.

If you feel your current agent has misled you, then you are at liberty to sack him and engage another agent.

If you contact another agent (I'd suggest one of those who have been helpful on these forums) they should be able to advise you on the appropriate procedure.

Edited by Marisawright

12 hours ago, FMH said:

Subsequently via this forum

This didn’t come up at all when you were working on the application with your agent? I’d speak with your agent first, but there is nothing stopping you looking for a new one for a different application. 

Guest The Pom Queen

Thank goodness you joined the forum and found out the wait time. Did your agent never mention this at the time you engaged their services? I suggest speaking with your current agent and having a chat with @paulhand to see if he can help.