starlight7

Finding lost items

Today I found a little celtic cross I had lost many months ago .  I was tidying up and found it wedged at the side of a chair in the bedroom.  I felt really happy because I liked it and had missed it. Have you ever found an item after giving it up for lost? Or perhaps a pet or item of clothing?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not recently but I once found some money in an old sock. I had hidden it away from the kids years earlier and being an odd sock it had remained at the bottom of my drawers

• Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

5 hours ago, starlight7 said:

Today I found a little celtic cross I had lost many months ago .  I was tidying up and found it wedged at the side of a chair in the bedroom.  I felt really happy because I liked it and had missed it. Have you ever found an item after giving it up for lost? Or perhaps a pet or item of clothing?

as a bloke, I know exactly where everything is and if things weren't "put away" or "tidied up" I would never lose anything. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

Not recently but I once found some money in an old sock. I had hidden it away from the kids years earlier and being an odd sock it had remained at the bottom of my drawers

reminds me of when I went to by a car from a bloke in a pub for cash.  I didn't buy it but ended up getting very drunk.  the next day I couldn't find the carpet of cash and spent hours phoning cab companies and pubs where I had been on the off chance that some honest soul had handed it in ... then I sat down and crossed my legs in despair  and felt a crunch in my sock and a lump that turn out to be 3k in £20 notes.  What a feeling !!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

another story.......  I was in Magaluf with the boys and I hid my wad in fag box (behind the foil bit), in my room.  I got shacked up with some nice manc girl and didn't come home one night and my roommate nicked my fags and threw what he thought was the empty box in a bin.  It was only a couple of hundred quid but all I had.  We hunted the whole strips bins and he only found the box AND the money.  

• Like 4

Years ago one of my daughters was in a really bad way- her husband had shot through without a backward glance leaving her with 2 babies. She found a $20 note in the gutter- almost as if someone was looking after her. Paid for their food at least.

• Like 2

I lost a pair of sunglasses some time before Christmas. I did t have a clue where they were. I found them about a month ago in the glovebox of a pool car at work. I can’t be sure but I must have left them in there. 

Found my marriage certificate...

Not that I was looking for it; I was looking for a garnet ring.

The last time I saw it was when I signed it...44 years ago

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 16/10/2020 at 04:31, simmo said:

another story.......  I was in Magaluf with the boys and I hid my wad in fag box (behind the foil bit), in my room.  I got shacked up with some nice manc girl and didn't come home one night and my roommate nicked my fags and threw what he thought was the empty box in a bin.  It was only a couple of hundred quid but all I had.  We hunted the whole strips bins and he only found the box AND the money.  

Talking of hidden money. When we lived in the UK I always had handbags with hidden pockets, usually side pockets or ones in the lining. One night we were broke in to, it was strange they didn’t take anything but my handbag with my purse inside. The police found my handbag a few days later it had been handed in. The thieves had taken my purse with £5 in but never found the £500 in the pocket  so I got my bag and money back and they got away with a lousy £5. Mind you back then it would have probably bought them a packet of cigarettes. 

• Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

On 16/10/2020 at 13:39, JetBlast said:

I lost a pair of sunglasses some time before Christmas. I did t have a clue where they were. I found them about a month ago in the glovebox of a pool car at work. I can’t be sure but I must have left them in there. 

I lost a very nice pair of oakley metal frame sunnies on the beach in marbella.  I was given them as to pay off a debt, at the time they where worth about £500 - (not that I would ever pay that much for a pair!!!).  The got lost in the sand and i must spent 2 hours digging up a 2m radius of where i was laying but they just disappeared.  Oh well, that was the 1st and last time i had an expensive pair of sunnies.

I also lost a Rolling Stones album.  The Sticky fingers one with the real zipper.  That's the problem with moving about all your life... Constantly losing sh!t.

Slightly different - several times Ive found money in the bibles in hotel room bedside table drawers.

3 times in the states and twice in the UK.

1 hour ago, unzippy said:

Slightly different - several times Ive found money in the bibles in hotel room bedside table drawers.

3 times in the states and twice in the UK.

Strange.  Either they are charitable people or they have a strange way of hiding their money.  

45 minutes ago, Dusty Plains said:

Strange.  Either they are charitable people or they have a strange way of hiding their money.  

I dunno, but's happened too often to be coincidence!

I've just had a quick google - https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/horning-in-on-gideon/

It wasn't $10k, that's for sure.  In the US it was $10 every time and the UK £5 and £20.  I left them there as I wasn't sure if someone would jump out and pressgang me into the church, like the ecclesiastical version of a full tankard and the King's shilling🤣

Mmm, bitter...

🤤

• Haha 1

I recently helped this man who looked like he slept on the streets- just told him where some of the local shops were and pointed the way etc and the quickest way to walk there.  When I got back to my car there was a $20 note under the windscreen wiper which must have been him.  He looked really poor but I couldn't see him so just accepted it. Nice thought.