Queensland 190s

DrDougster

Having uploaded an EOI during the recent "blink and you'll miss it" window I was wondering a couple of things:

How long after submitting the invited application to BSMQ does it generally take to hear if you are going through to applying for the visa?

What kind of percentage get through to the visa application?

From reading around it appears that what happens when you apply for the 190 at the moment is anybody's guess and probably unique to people's circumstances. However, I wondered if a state can tag certain applications in fields they need asap as urgent or is it totally out of their hands once you submit the 190 visa application?

I'm in the refreshing email inbox every minute phase and already been asked to rue-load one form and correct a discrepancy on another!

Last year, it took anywhere from around 4 days to 3 weeks.

There's too many factors and too few applicants to really make any generalisations about how the process works or when you might receive news, but I would say check your spam!  My golden email landed in my spam folder!

Well, getting an invitation totally depends upon two main conditions such as:
You need to make sure that you have the highest points 
You need to ensure that your occupation is listed in the demand list of Queensland
Well, the processing time is taking a little longer due to the pandemic; however, you can wait for a couple of days if you want to receive an invitation. 

The process was as follows:

You submit your EOI with Qld. BMSQ review all expressions of interest and if they like what they see you will be invited to apply for "State nomination" with them. At this point they review everything that was claimed for in your EOI. After reviewing your application, they wil then decide if they will grant you state nomination or not. Can take around two weeks. With state nomination now obtained (if so) you will get an "official invite" through skills select where you then apply for your ss visa, will also then be able to generate your Hap ID. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 31Hillbury said:

Are you applying onshore? 

Yes

11 hours ago, RanjanaMishra said:

You need to ensure that your occupation is listed in the demand list of Queensland
Well, the processing time is taking a little longer due to the pandemic; however, you can wait for a couple of days if you want to receive an invitation. 
If you have any other query, you can get in touch with the Australia Immigration consultants who will provide you with great assistance. 

Aside from needing to be on the list, I don't think these assertions are actually true in the current setting. The BSMQ website has some info that might be of use in your new role.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RanjanaMishra said:

Hi, I have sent you a message re our business rules for agents around displaying registration number and signatures, so that there is no misunderstanding for our membership.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, DrDougster said:

Medicals done Sunday 8th Nov, through panel and pressed go on info requested provided today. Status moved to "further assessment".

Time to either check immiaccount every 15 minutes or get on with life. Gonna attempt the latter!

Hope everything is ok. All these steps to emigrate aren’t always easy.

Yeah. Nothing is ever reassuring either. I have depression which is now well managed but needed an admission earlier in the year and my wife had a positive IGRA for screening to work in the US and had 3 months of latent TB treatment with rifinah a few years ago. Ours say "health examinations ready for assessment - no action required" while our toddler's says "health clearance provided". As you say - hope everything is ok!

• 3 weeks later...