Fast track Diploma

Hendricks

Hi

I just got a positive skills assessment for supply and distribution manager, but they could not qualify my diploma compared to an Australian one. 

Can anyone recommend an Australian education institution that would be able to do a fast track diploma in management in recognition of overseas work experience. 

Someone I know did this through a company called academy 3 in Tasmania, but that company isn’t around anymore. 

Many thanks in advance all

2 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Hi

I just got a positive skills assessment for supply and distribution manager, but they could not qualify my diploma compared to an Australian one. 

Can anyone recommend an Australian education institution that would be able to do a fast track diploma in management in recognition of overseas work experience. 

Someone I know did this through a company called academy 3 in Tasmania, but that company isn’t around anymore. 

Many thanks in advance all

Have a look here:  https://training.gov.au/Search

Often Diplomas do not cross straight over but you can easily fix with gap training.  Uk diplomas seem to sit between a cert 4 (not recognised in UK ) and an an actual Australian diploma. Other Diplomas sit between actual diploma and a bacherlors degree in Australian system. 

What your asking for is an RTO (Recognised Training Organisation ) to apply (RPL) recognition of prior learning. Sometimes it's easy, other times the proces to gain RPL is just as hard as doing diploma again.  Example my training and assesing qualifications easy took 2 days (RPL), my wifes bookeeeping easier to do whole thing again 13 units and 8 months, my diving and medical quals crossed straight other with a little gap training.

I would contact an RTO  ask about the  diploma then see what they require, and then see what they say about RPL based on previous diploma.

Do you know exactly which diploma you require?

On 15/10/2020 at 10:06, Marisawright said:

The difficulty might be that you can't count any experience gained before you get the qualification. So you'll have to do the diploma and then work for the required number of years before you can apply.

Hi Marisa

My experience and years have been assessed and are seperate. The diploma is for the extra 10 points needed. 

thanks 

On 15/10/2020 at 13:34, Gary H said:

Often Diplomas do not cross straight over but you can easily fix with gap training.  Uk diplomas seem to sit between a cert 4 (not recognised in UK ) and an an actual Australian diploma. Other Diplomas sit between actual diploma and a bacherlors degree in Australian system. 

What your asking for is an RTO (Recognised Training Organisation ) to apply (RPL) recognition of prior learning. Sometimes it's easy, other times the proces to gain RPL is just as hard as doing diploma again.  Example my training and assesing qualifications easy took 2 days (RPL), my wifes bookeeeping easier to do whole thing again 13 units and 8 months, my diving and medical quals crossed straight other with a little gap training.

I would contact an RTO  ask about the  diploma then see what they require, and then see what they say about RPL based on previous diploma.

Do you know exactly which diploma you require?

Hi

the type of diploma I am after is a diploma in management AQF. 

do you know an RTO that does it in Australia? Like I mentioned someone I know did what I am after with academy 3 based in Tasmania but that training company doesn’t seem to be around any more. It only took them around 2 weeks to complete 

10 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Hi

the type of diploma I am after is a diploma in management AQF

do you know an RTO that does it in Australia? Like I mentioned someone I know did what I am after with academy 3 based in Tasmania but that training company doesn’t seem to be around any more. It only took them around 2 weeks to complete 

Still not clear which diploma your after, you need the exact code, seems to be a variety of management diplomas dependent on industry.

This link is for diploma of leadership and management known as BSB51915 https://training.gov.au/training/details/bsb51915

If you look at the bottom of the first box you will see a list of RTOS able to deliver https://training.gov.au/Search/SearchOrganisation?nrtCodeTitle=BSB51915&scopeItem=Qualification&tabIndex=1&ImplicitNrtScope=True&orgSearchByScopeSubmit=Search&IncludeUnregisteredRtosForScopeSearch=False

FInd out the exact code for diploma they are after use the training.gov.au site to find then search as in examples above.

hope that helps

On 16/10/2020 at 23:55, Hendricks said:

Hi Marisa

My experience and years have been assessed and are seperate. The diploma is for the extra 10 points needed. 

thanks 

@Hendricks, sorry I missed your reply.

The skills assessment counts pre-qualification experience towards your points.   However, pre-qualification experience does NOT count towards the "years of experience" specified in the visa requirements. 

Therefore, if your experience is pre-qualification, you will pass the skills assessment, but Immigration will reject your visa application.   It trips people up all the time. 

So, you will need to gain your new qualification and then work for whatever period is specified in the visa requirements. 

Edited by Marisawright