Jump to content
Southlander

Skilled Visa grants 2019/20 v 2020/21

Recommended Posts

Hopefully someone can clarify this for me please. If you were invited and applied for your skilled pr visa between July 2019 and Jun 2020 (last year) your visa grant would not affected by the latest visa caps 2021/22? What I cannot understand is that they've increased the partner visa allocation "to clear the backlog", surely they were always going to be processed as they were applied for in a different year? So by decreasing the skilled visas for 2021/2022 will this affect those that were applied for in the previous year that did not yet receive their grants? I used to think not but now I'm not so sure! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest visa numbers announced in the budget represent the number of specific visa types which can be approved in the current program year (to June 2021).

So, yes, it will effect those not yet grated a visa.


Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Raul, thanks for clarifying I was hoping visas applied for already were not subject to the new year quota... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going on what has been confirmed, I jiye the following. 

A FOI was provided for recently for 190 visas in hand as of the 31/08/20, which the dha was quoting 13,500. Now iscah have also produced a table of the number of visas which will be allocated per class. For this year they have 11,200 spots for the 190 (11,200 for the 491 & 6,500 for the 189). Based on these figures, for the 190 there is a defecit of around 2,000 visas. So not sure if any will be invited for the 190 (barring pmsol). Not sure how they will process the backlog but logic says oldest to newest with priority visas slotting in as and when. And if there is enough places when they get to you you may get a grant, unless they hope for other applicants and continue to set you aside. So the numbers are not good reading for existing applicants and especially those hoping to apply this year. Program cut in half (and more) and existing applicants take up over the current allocation. Let's see what happens 😐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 12/10/2020 at 16:04, Southlander said:

If you were invited and applied for your skilled pr visa between July 2019 and Jun 2020 (last year) your visa grant would not affected by the latest visa caps 2021/22?

I contacted my agent regarding the exact question you have asked here as In other posts I have addressed this, I wasn’t being negative but only realistic in my expectations.... My agent has basically said; because I applied in DEC 19 that my application is in limbo until they start processing again, which will likely be when the borders reopen.

I can only hope what you’ve said/quoted below is correct & it follows. As if you look properly at immi tracker, under the 190 SC application tracker, it suggests that I personally pretty much missed the boat by a month or two (App. Date DEC 19). I wonder if ones occupation will matter, I just don’t know? Got to be patient & open to what may happen next year.

10 hours ago, Southlander said:

Not sure how they will process the backlog but logic says oldest to newest with priority visas slotting in as and when. And if there is enough places when they get to you you may get a grant,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe/Rose said:

I wasn’t being negative but only realistic in my expectations.... My agent has basically said; because I applied in DEC 19 that my application is in limbo until they start processing again, which will likely be when the borders reopen.

I see that, I just feel that the dha are not gaining much by doing this, it's someting that can be managed. Funnily enough all newly imported cases of covid seem to come from non UK planes/citizens. Go figure. 

On a different forum, I read two separate applicants also ask the same question to their respective maras. They both were told that as they had applied before the new year they would be already accounted for and would not be effected by the new quotas.... Thb I don't know what to believe any more 😶

1 hour ago, Joe/Rose said:

it suggests that I personally pretty much missed the boat by a month or two (App. Date DEC 19). I wonder if ones occupation will matter, I just don’t know? Got to be patient & open to what may happen next year..

Yip, I think it's all the late 2019's and pre-march that have been hung out to dry. Haven't got a clue how it's going to unfold, I just hope common sense prevails and once back on track process in line with their sla's.

I chuckle when I see applicants asking when will they receive their grants and quote government processing times! (Whisper it, does not apply to offshore 😂). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Southlander said:

They both were told that as they had applied before the new year they would be already accounted for and would not be effected by the new quotas.... Thb I don't know what to believe any more

The quotas represent the number of visas which can be granted in any given Immigration Program year (from 1 july to 30 June).

It is irrelevant when the visa was lodged, it is when the visa is approved which will count against the quota.

 


Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Southlander said:

Yip, I think it's all the late 2019's and pre-march that have been hung out to dry. Haven't got a clue how it's going to unfold, I just hope common sense prevails and once back on track process in line with their sla's.

I chuckle when I see applicants asking when will they receive their grants and quote government processing times! (Whisper it, does not apply to offshore 😂). 

The processing time is not a SLA - it’s a backward looking measure of how long recently granted applications had been in the system before they were granted. The first number is 75% of applications within X months and the second is 90% within Y months. It’s a blended number for on and offshore ... but clearly at the moment onshore is being prioritised in many areas. It is therefore not a great idea to infer anything from these numbers for recently lodged applications. 
 

 


____________________________________________________________________

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appreciate the comments/advice. 

I understand the processing guidelines, what I was implying is that offshore visas are perhaps that 10% that are reamaining unprocessed. A lot of offshore applicants have been ahead of the processing times but not heard a dicke bird. Cherry picking (aka prioritising) and not oldest first clearly. 

What I find interesting if the quota for 190's is 11,200 (if they actually grant all these) that would mean 1400 grants a month or 46 a day until July next year to make this figure. Looking forward to hearing some grants coming through without delay 😜

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Joe/Rose said:

My agent has basically said; because I applied in DEC 19 that my application is in limbo until they start processing again, which will likely be when the borders reopen.

 

 

Which means if the border doesn’t open till next July, then offshore doesn’t stand a chance, plus then it’s a new program year which changes everything again😴

which agent are you using? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, 31Hillbury said:

if the border doesn’t open till next July, then offshore doesn’t stand a chance, plus then it’s a new program year which changes everything again😴

I thought the exact same thing. It would be surprising if all of a sudden they release a shed load of grants as nothing has really changed except for the economy and better treatment of covid and increase in backlog of applications (well those are actually points to consider dha 🤔). 

I really need to have a poi detox, this is not healthy! 😳😅😭

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/10/2020 at 08:04, Southlander said:

What I find interesting if the quota for 190's is 11,200 (if they actually grant all these) that would mean 1400 grants a month or 46 a day until July next year to make this figure. Looking forward to hearing some grants coming through without delay 😜

 

Is the of 11200 figure inclusive of everybody, i.e de facto partners & children? Not just main/primary applications? If so then yes, we are in for a wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Joe/Rose said:

Is the of 11200 figure inclusive of everybody, i.e de facto partners & children? Not just main/primary applications? If so then yes, we are in for a wait.

Yes it is...


____________________________________________________________________

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on this, have run the numbers again... 

There are 255 days left until the 30th June 2021 (8mth & 1 wk) , or 180 working days (Mon-Fri) Let's assume the DoHA have been slipping grants out under our noses and 200 have been issued so far, leaving 11,000 places for this year. Let's look at two scenarios where 3 grants are used up per applicant and the other just the one to fulfil their target for ir this year. 

11,000/8.25=1,333 grnts/mth 11,000/180=61 grnts/day 11,000/255=43 grnts/day

3,666/8.25=444 grnts/mth 3,666/180=20 grnts/day 3,666/255=14 grnts/day

They still have a large amount to deal with and are definitely falling short by ignoring those already applied for and waiting. Another thing I note is that should they concentrate on "onshore" applicants, this may prove a costly delay as I recall seeing a lot of onshores getting their grants within weeks of applying thus also bringing down the then processing times. I can't see many onshores who are ready to apply for 190's now as mentioned above those that were ready had already taken advantage of applying during covid and leapfrogged all of us. 

Will be interesting to see how this plays out but one thing for sure they have to start getting some grants out. 

 

Edited by Southlander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/10/2020 at 06:53, Raul Senise said:

The latest visa numbers announced in the budget represent the number of specific visa types which can be approved in the current program year (to June 2021).

So, yes, it will effect those not yet grated a visa.

Hi Raul,

I received the state nomination and invitation in Nov/Dec 2019. And I lodged my PR VISA 190 application on 1st Feb 2020. So do you mean that this is also included in the current program year (Jul2020-Jun2021). 

Kindly clarify.

Thank you

Alan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Alan2020 said:

Hi Raul,

I received the state nomination and invitation in Nov/Dec 2019. And I lodged my PR VISA 190 application on 1st Feb 2020. So do you mean that this is also included in the current program year (Jul2020-Jun2021). 

Both agents who posted on this thread have stated it very clearly.   The quota is for the year your visa is approved.  Your visa was not approved in the 19/20 program year, so it will be included in the current program year. 


Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Both agents who posted on this thread have stated it very clearly.   The quota is for the year your visa is approved.  Your visa was not approved in the 19/20 program year, so it will be included in the current program year. 

okay. thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Alan2020 said:

Hi Raul,

I received the state nomination and invitation in Nov/Dec 2019. And I lodged my PR VISA 190 application on 1st Feb 2020. So do you mean that this is also included in the current program year (Jul2020-Jun2021). 

Kindly clarify.

Thank you

Alan

Yes, allocations for the program year are based on approvals during that time.


Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

Yes, allocations for the program year are based on approvals during that time.

Thank you so much....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×