What can we do to solidify evidence of our relationship? E.g. joint bank account/credit cards etc?

Brad1549

Hi everyone,

I've been dating my partner for quite a few months now and we're wanting to register our relationship so he can apply for PR through a partnership visa (he's also currently sponsored by his work but his boss is horrible so I'd prefer him to have the work freedom through a partnership visa).

What are some things we can do to provide more evidence of our relationship - e.g. joint bank account? What else can we do? Add each other as supplementary credit card holders? Share a Netflix/Spotify account? What else?

Thanks for the assistance!

51 minutes ago, Brad1549 said:

Hi everyone,

I've been dating my partner for quite a few months now and we're wanting to register our relationship so he can apply for PR through a partnership visa (he's also currently sponsored by his work but his boss is horrible so I'd prefer him to have the work freedom through a partnership visa).

What are some things we can do to provide more evidence of our relationship - e.g. joint bank account? What else can we do? Add each other as supplementary credit card holders? Share a Netflix/Spotify account? What else?

Thanks for the assistance!

It will take more than a shared Netflix account...

I’d suggest getting some professional help as there are issues around transitioning from an employer sponsored visa that you need to understand, as well as making sure you get a partner visa application correct in these circumstances. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulhand said:

It will take more than a shared Netflix account...

Yes it needs to be at least Netflix and Disney+ together to classify as an actual relationship. 😋 🤣

Hold on I've just realised that based on that definition it means I'm in a de-facto relationship with my child.... Surely that can't be right

• Haha 3

Hey,

Havent done specific partner visa but i am de facto on my partners visa, we had to provide ALOT of information to prove this.We are both UK citizens, have been together for 4+ years, been living in Australia for 5+ years and had to provide -

timeline of picture in our relationship with descriptions time/date/event

pictures of us with other people , accompanied by statements from other people to prove they are genuine

travel/booking confimation of flights or hotel bookings

tickets from events we have went to, with proof we were thier as a ligitmate couple (photo at event) or names on our tickets

statments from family , friends and employers to verify our relationship was real

multiple joint bank statement statments over a period of time with income/bills going in and out. Needs to be a live active account.

joint savings account wiht sum of money in thier.

a statement from the bank stating when the account was opened.

lease agreements from places we have lived

we also have two children together ,which we assumed would be good enough proof but they need alot more.

all the best for your partner and his visa 🙂

3 hours ago, Brad1549 said:

've been dating my partner for quite a few months now and we're wanting to register our relationship so he can apply for PR through a partnership visa (he's also currently sponsored by his work but his boss is horrible so I'd prefer him to have the work freedom through a partnership visa).

As I've suggested elsewhere, you NEED a migration agent, unless you want to throw your money away.   You need to show you're in a committed long-lasting relationship and that's not easy if you've been together only a few months. You need professional help to have any hope of getting it right.

• Like 1