Are processing times for visas/permanent residency much faster now due to COVID?

Brad1549

Hi all,

I've heard whispers that people's applications for visas/permanent residency are occurring very rapidly now (like, 2 months instead of 12 months). Has anyone had first-hand proof of this? If this really is the case it may impact my partner as to whether he goes down the PR route through work sponsorship or if we go down partner visa...

Thanks

It depends on the visa subclass and whether it is a critical industry or occupation.

Generally processing has become very erratic with little rhyme or reason. 

Some applications are moving surprisingly quickly while other languish in in ever growing processing queues.

The latest migration program number announced in the budget will also likely shake up processing times, with a few winners and lots of losers with many program numbers being slashed.

22 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

It depends on the visa subclass and whether it is a critical industry or occupation.

Generally processing has become very erratic with little rhyme or reason. 

Some applications are moving surprisingly quickly while other languish in in ever growing processing queues.

The latest migration program number announced in the budget will also likely shake up processing times, with a few winners and lots of losers with many program numbers being slashed.

Hi Raul

Any idea what's going on in 187 subclass as waiting times are endless. Any light u can through mate.

Thanks

The covid-19 has negatively impacted the Australia’s economy. So, post corona virus there will be more opportunities and vacancies for the skilled immigrants who want to apply for Australia PR. Well, it cannot be said that the processing times will be faster or slower, it totally depends upon the Australian Government that how it manages the applications received for the PR

• Haha 1

On 16/10/2020 at 16:38, RanjanaMishra said:

So, post corona virus there will be more opportunities and vacancies for the skilled immigrants who want to apply for Australia PR

Are you a Registered Migration Agent? as your details do not seem to appear on the MARA register.

Not sure where you are getting your figures from, as the Government has reduced the Skilled, State Sponsored, Regional and Employer sponsored Permanent Residency Visas for the program year.

Skilled independent reduced by over 10,000 places.

State sponsored reduced by over 13,000 places.

Regional reduced by over 13,000 places. 

Employer Sponsored reduced by 8,000 places.

As such your statement about there being more vacancies for skilled immigrants to apply for Australia PR is not correct and very misleading.

• Like 6

The permanent Migration Program will remain at a cap of 160,000 places for 2020-21, with planning levels of 79,600 places allocated in the Skill stream and 77,300 places in the Family stream. Child and Special Eligibility visas will make up the remaining 3,100 places.

Approximately two thirds of permanent visas in the 2020-21 program are expected to go to people already in Australia. Of the remaining visas, it is anticipated that approximately two thirds will be granted under the Skill stream and one third under the Family stream.

Please go through Home Affairs website.. you must not aware of latest updates.https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au/alantudge/Pages/Permanent-Migration-Program-to-support-Australian-jobs-growth.aspx#:~:text=Permanent Migration Program to support Australian jobs growth.,stream and 77%2C300 places in the Family stream.

2 hours ago, RanjanaMishra said:

Then go with your rules!! thanks

That's bit rude. This forum is very supportive platform created and moderated by MARA agents. This is not an advertising platform. If u really wanna be helpful please display your MARA no so we know that u r reliable source or else please adhere by rules. Will really appreciate your kind words. 

Thanks.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

Are you a Registered Migration Agent? as your details do not seem to appear on the MARA register.

Not sure where you are getting your

Raul,  found this blog. 

https://aptechimmigration.com/blog.php

Hopefully you can confirm to us if they are mara registered or not!

If someone is trying to be helpful that's great but being too brash, rude definitely puts me off using them, as the poster has done. Thanks for your help and advice along with the usual maras who assist us. 

• Like 2

Guest The Pom Queen
1 hour ago, WelderGuy5 said:

That's bit rude. This forum is very supportive platform created and moderated by MARA agents. This is not an advertising platform. If u really wanna be helpful please display your MARA no so we know that u r reliable source or else please adhere by rules. Will really appreciate your kind words. 

Thanks.

I agree with your comments, although one thing... The forum isn’t created or moderated by MARA agents although people often believe so. The MARA agents we have are members just like you. They have no vested interest in the forum apart from giving up multiple hours in a day to come on here and help our members. I’m not saying they don’t get the odd member contacting them and engaging their services but I think their free time given to helping will far exceed any paid work. 

Guest The Pom Queen

Please can we now get back on topic everyone. I have messaged the member directly to advise them of our strict forum rules. We want to make sure everyone gets the correct information hence why we only allow MARA agents to post. 

15 hours ago, RanjanaMishra said:

The permanent Migration Program will remain at a cap of 160,000 places for 2020-21, with planning levels of 79,600 places allocated in the Skill stream

Which represents a reduction of of almost 30,000 places for the overall Skilled program. Further, over 15,000 of these places are for business, global talent and distinguished talent visa, which are classified under the "Skilled"  program

The permanent Migration Program will remain at a cap of 160,000 places for 2020-21, with planning levels of 79,600 places allocated in the Skill stream and 77,300 places in the Family stream. Child and Special Eligibility visas will make up the remaining 3,100 places.

Approximately two thirds of permanent visas in the 2020-21 program are expected to go to people already in Australia. Of the remaining visas, it is anticipated that approximately two thirds will be granted under the Skill stream and one third under the Family stream.

Although the overall program remains the same being capped at 160,000 places, the spots for the various programs has changed significantly with a large increase in some family, business and global talent visas.

The places for skilled, regional, state sponsored and employer sponsored have been greatly reduced. 

You stated that there are "more opportunities and vacancies for the skilled immigrants who want to apply for Australia PR", which is completely wrong and very misleading.

you must not aware of latest updates.

It would appear that you are the one who is not aware of the latest updates as you have completely misrepresented the information.

You should not be spreading such misinformation.

Edited by Raul Senise
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Southlander said:

Raul,  found this blog. 

If someone is trying to be helpful that's great but being too brash, rude definitely puts me off using them, as the poster has done. Thanks for your help and advice along with the usual maras who assist us. 

If an Agent is Registered there details will be on the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority website and can be searched here.

12 hours ago, Southlander said:

Raul,  found this blog. 

It doesn't reflect well either on the company they appear to be trying to promote

They are even using stock images, not even a real person!

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&insightstoken=bcid_S2vlLR7Rau8Bxw*ccid_a%2BUtHtFq&form=ANCMS1&iss=VSI&selectedindex=0&id=B8E708FA31B6131E3AEADFD81E5F7531D9F4AD02&ccid=G1Tzj8P%2F&exph=280&expw=280&vt=2&sim=11&simid=608008653247941304&ck=6A4A81BEFF9B365FC8E6734ADACC4A40&thid=OIP.G1Tzj8P_O8XYy6LfY8uzbwAAAA&mediaurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2F280x280_RS%2F84%2F18%2Fd7%2F8418d7a6fc1339265e38824976a4df5d.jpg&pivotparams=insightsToken%3Dbcid_S2vlLR7Rau8BqxcxoNWLuD9SqbotqVTdP-0

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

Please can we now get back on topic everyone. I have messaged the member directly to advise them of our strict forum rules. We want to make sure everyone gets the correct information hence why we only allow MARA agents to post. 

I believe the original topic was answered in the first couple of posts.

What follows after that is an example of overseas operators who are not registered or regulated in any way.

On 18/10/2020 at 21:10, Raul Senise said:

Not sure where you are getting your figures from, as the Government has reduced the Skilled, State Sponsored, Regional and Employer sponsored Permanent Residency Visas for the program year.

Skilled independent reduced by over 10,000 places.

State sponsored reduced by over 13,000 places.

Regional reduced by over 13,000 places. 

Employer Sponsored reduced by 8,000 places.

As such your statement about there being more vacancies for skilled immigrants to apply for Australia PR is not correct and very misleading.

I applied for a 489 nearly a year ago and have a travel exemption and a job (hopefully waiting for me). It’s been over 6 weeks since we got the exemption and nearly 4 weeks since the case officer requested our police checks that were already attached. These were resubmitted.  Any advice on how I move this on? We have called Home Affairs and so has our agent and now we are completely stuck in limbo. Do you think the quotas have really affected our chances?

3 hours ago, Green said:

I applied for a 489 nearly a year ago and have a travel exemption and a job (hopefully waiting for me). It’s been over 6 weeks since we got the exemption and nearly 4 weeks since the case officer requested our police checks that were already attached. These were resubmitted.  Any advice on how I move this on? We have called Home Affairs and so has our agent and now we are completely stuck in limbo. Do you think the quotas have really affected our chances?

It is very difficult to predict at the moment as the Government regularly changes the processing standards.

Add to this that many case officers are working from home, which increases the unpredictability of processing standards.

Generally though, it does appear that priority is given to on shore over off shore applications.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

It is very difficult to predict at the moment as the Government regularly changes the processing standards.

Add to this that many case officers are working from home, which increases the unpredictability of processing standards.

Generally though, it does appear that priority is given to on shore over off shore applications.

I thought that might be the answer. Thanks.